INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone & AppStore philosophy  (Read 3620 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
iPhone & AppStore philosophy
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:31:27 am »

Hi guys,
just wondering, is there any iPhone interface built for MC in the same way that apple have released the 'remote' app for the iPhone that lets me control and interface with iTunes on my laptop on my iPhone easily?
I dont particularly want to use iTunes and was reluctant to even want to install it on my laptop but now I have it, the ability to directly play any songs I want from my pc on my iPhone is way too tempting to pass on so wondering if MC has similar capabilities.

Also, if you want a killer functionality for MC14, I think you should incorporate the logic behind AppStore into MC.

MC has loads of skins... scattered through the forum and online if someone knows where to go to look
MC has loads of plugins... scattered through the forum and online if someone knows where to go look
MC has loads of view schemes... scattered through tons of users and the forum in random spots where people shared

Take all this info and make it instantly accessible to every dumb user in the same way apple made the AppStore give even the biggest computer n00b the power to instantly add functionality to their iPhone.

Give the ability to submit and get the above and more features straight to the web without having to ever leave MC. When I'm creating a new VS, let me click a tab to instantly view available ones that other users have submitted with a description of what they do etc.

Why not do it for smart lists too, and everything else.
Once the feature is built into MC, it then adds huge value to MC without  you guys ever having to do any more work. The users submit content that becomes available instantly in MC to whoever wants it to easily give MC more power etc.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPhone & AppStore philosophy
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 04:39:59 am »

Hi guys,
just wondering, is there any iPhone interface built for MC in the same way that apple have released the 'remote' app for the iPhone that lets me control and interface with iTunes on my laptop on my iPhone easily?
i dont have an iphone etc, but there is a plugin for it. is that what you are looking for?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48486.0

:)
gab

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:04:01 am »

xpTunes is even more powerful as you can also use the search function:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43402.0

dgilgonzalez

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:25:30 am »

XpTunes is application you are looking for. I am using it, and it is perfect.

Mithrandir

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »

Hi,

Just had to drag this one back up.

I have used both RiverMote and xptunes, and they are both good.  Neither, however, works as well with MC as Apple's "Remote" app works with itunes.  JRiver would be ready to go as a whole house audio solution if there were an iphone/touch app that could control MC the way Remote controls itunes.

I don't like itunes but I love my iphone, so I have no choice but to use it.  As of late I have been considering a few different whole house audio solutions.  Sonos, casatunes and the Squeezebox duet are all possibilities, but I would be a lot happier if I could use MC and our iphones. 

I have been a loyal MC user since V9 or so, and I am not going anywhere, so I would be willing to pay really good money for an MC built app that would give me the sort of control Remote gives for itunes. 

Please consider this. 

M

Radman

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 10:56:14 am »

Just want to weigh in on the iPhone App comments from Mithrandir. I also find myself having to run iTunes as well as MC due to the exquisite capabilities of the iTunes remote app. I have purchased Rivermote for MC, but found the search capabilities to be limited. Also annoying to have to run the Rivermote server instead of just my beloved MC. Do the developers at JRiver have any plans to develop a fully functional iPhone Media Center control app to allow full searching of database, including artists, albums, playlists, genres, etc. Would love for this to display cover art to take full advantage of the iTunes screen. As M noted, would be more than willing to pay for this added functionality.

MKing
Pages: [1]   Go Up