INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 Server not working  (Read 949 times)

jhbeau

• Recent member
MC14 Server not working
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:50:41 pm »

I was running MC12 with Linksys WML 11B Wireless Media Link. All three units throughout my house were able to connect to the server through MC12. This weekend I upgraded to MC14 and deleted MC12 from my computer. I now find that I cannot get any of the WML 11B units to see the server. After many hours, several reinstalls and searching the internet I cannot find a way to get the Linksys units to see the server. Am getting a series of error messages under the DLNA/UPnP plug-in screen: "SSDP Server requested type not found: . . . ." etc, and have no idea of what they are telling me. In frustration I restored my computer prior to installing MC14 and found that MC12 would not work as something was missing. I canceled the restore and attempted to install MC12 from my original disk back onto the computer. This didn't work as MC12 could not see my library since MC14 had converted my library files to the new format. My music library is on an external disk so a restore didn't help solve that problem. So now I've got none of my WML 11B units working. Can anyone tell me how to get the MC14 server to see the WML 11B units? What changed in MC14 to cause this issue? Any help is truly appreciated. This is why so many of us are afraid to upgrade it isn't worth the time and effort. Here is the system info from MC14 Screen:

Media Center 14.0.151 E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1965 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 503 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: ATAPI    DVD DD 2X16X4X16   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC14 Server not working
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:09:42 pm »

It's got to be a firewall issue. Have you checked to make sure you've forwarded the right ports on your router and Windows firewall?
Pages: [1]   Go Up