INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure to play last few seconds.  (Read 1356 times)

Wheelerb52

• Recent member
Failure to play last few seconds.
« on: March 03, 2010, 03:42:48 pm »

I have something that just started happening recently.  If I tell MC14 (14.0.147) to play a single song, it does so (and hiccup-free with WASAPI) beautifully.  But as the music fades out, and with perhaps two or three seconds of the song remaining, it suddenly "jerks" and the previous one-or-two seconds plays, then the song ends without the very last part being heard.  There is thus no smooth fade-out to the end.  It will only do this on the last song if there is a playlist being played; crossfade works as expected.  What setting/issue could this be and or what am I missing here?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Failure to play last few seconds.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:12:03 pm »

What type of soundcard are you using?

We've seen some USB DACs that aren't good about playing out all their data in WASAPI exclusive unless you keep feeding them silence.  Most cards don't require this, so we haven't added a WASAPI option for it.

Could you try ASIO?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Wheelerb52

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:01 pm »

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I am not all that sophisticated technically.  Going to device manager and "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"  revealed nothing, just the various Codecs I have acquired. What I found out through Google is that the sound card is built-in on the Motherboard.  (Audio Integrated 8-Channel (7.1) High Definition Audio)
It is an Intel G965 board, inside a Gateway Media Manager GM5410E desktop tower.

I tried setting the Audio Output to ASIO but I received a "Playback could not be started with the output settings '44100 Hz, 32 Bits per sample, 2 channels'. I tried setting it to various Hz, Bits per sample, No sampling, etc., but I get the EXACT same message regardless of settings.

I then set the Output to "Wave Out" and the problem disappeared but was replaced with a new one:  Now the song simply abruptly stops before playback is complete, within perhaps 2 - 3 seconds of its finish.

I am left scratching my head here.  Your continued advice or help is much appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 03:06:59 pm »

I wonder if there are newer drivers available for your soundcard?

This kind of sounds like a device specific problem, because it's not something we're hearing very much of.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up