INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature req: Edit images opened in MC without importing them first.  (Read 1232 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I sometimes need to edit images for work. I don't want to import them into my library,a nd I don't want to have to launch photoshop to do so. MC is the default image viewing program. However, when I launch the image, there is no way I can crop, resize etc. without importing the image first. Can this be an added feature please?

gappie

Re: Feature req: Edit images opened in MC without importing them first.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:51:01 pm »

what i do, i open the image with mc, the image is not imported, i disabled that. close the viewing screen or open an other tab and open a smartlist with this as rule
[Media Type]=[Image] ~d=t
this takes the images from the 'hidden' playing now database. you can edit it there, make sure the changes are saved in the picture.
its a small way around.

:)
gab

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 12:13:57 am »

Thanks gab. Next time I need to do this, I'll search for this post. I'd really think it'd be a nice feature as standard though.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:44:05 am »

i guess i could be nice indeed.

on small side note. the way i described above is a nice way to edit coverart (external) without importing it. open the tag window. click on the coverart so its big inside the tag window, and doubleclick to fullscreen. after that its a breeze to get rid of this small dust particle etc..

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up