INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 ? - normalize and auto-insert  (Read 872 times)

cjpew

2 ? - normalize and auto-insert
« on: June 30, 2002, 08:57:00 am »

Hi,

I've been using MJ for about a week, have to say I love it in comparison to anything else I've tried!  But I do have a couple of questions:

1) Why exactly does MJ want auto-insert disabled?  WXP (and Roxio, which I've stopped using anyway) want it enabled, so I get constant conflicting messages.  Finally just left it enabled and I burned with success anyway, so maybe it doesn't really need to be disabled?  Just curious about the real reason.

2) Is the normalize feature in CD-writer options actually supposed to work? - I've tried it a few times and it doesn't seem to do much of anything.  I've seen some comments here about using Replay Gain to accomplish same thing, but my understanding is that is for listening to the music on your computer.  What I want is to be able to burn a CD with songs from different sources that have different volume levels, and end up with a CD where the levels are close to the same so when I listen on my home or car stereo I'm not always adjusting the volume.  Is that possible?  And (this one might be a dumb question) - can normalize only be applied to files with a .wav format?

Any help would be appreciated.  Other than these questions, so far love the product!

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
RE:2 ? - normalize and auto-insert
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 11:16:58 am »

same questions here.

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
RE:2 ? - normalize and auto-insert
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 10:42:23 pm »

Hi,

there is a post dated 05-05-2002, which explains the differnce between replay gain and normalizing.
The question here is: does MJ inject those replaiy gain values into the stream, when the .wav file is generated for burning.

If it is, replay gain is what you're looking fore. But this answer if it is, should come from the MJ team

Udo
Udo
Pages: [1]   Go Up