INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: Library server reports tons of requests during playback mp3 file  (Read 1447 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe

I run library server and play music on a connected client computer. Which works so far fine.

Why does the library server report almost every second another request for the same MP3 file?

But with FLAC files it doesn't do that. It reports the request for the music track and the cover art and that's it (which seems correct to me)

Thanks for checking. Happens in 14.0.144

Peter Engrav

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Question: Library server reports tons of requests during playback mp3 file
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 12:36:36 pm »

+1. I have FLAC files on a server at home. When I go to work and use Library Server to get at them, if I request that they be converted to MP3 the library server at home reports requests for the currently playing song every second or so.  If I don't request conversion I get one request per file. Oh, and I noticed that if the file is actually already saved as an MP3 file on the server I go back to multiple requests even if I'm not doing "conversion". Is that a bug or are things all clever and incremental?

globetrotters1

someone of the developers has something to say to that?

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

We're investigating.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

In build 156 and later:
Fixed: Playing an MP3 from a server could make an unnecessary head request back to the server once a second.

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up