INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort order 12 vs 14  (Read 1286 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Sort order 12 vs 14
« on: March 04, 2010, 02:25:56 pm »

I upgraded this weekend from MC12 to MC14.  I have yet to figure out how to keep my sort order and columns from view to view and playlist to playlist and smartlist to smartlist.

For example, I have a sort order set up for "Audio".  When first click "Audio" in the tree, I get the sort order I expect.  Then click a column header to re-sort and it does.  How do I get my original sort order back?  In MC12, I'd leave Audio and return, my sort order was back.  In MC14, I can't figure out how to get it back without resetting up the column sort  or going into Customize View and deleting what is now changed in SortBy->Custom and putting it back the way I want - many times a day!

If I import files, the column display seems to go to a default every time I run MC14 (assuming I have cleared the playlist).  Then I have to select a preset I've saved - many times a day.

I never thought about the columns and sorting in MC12 once I got it set up.  In MC14, I am constantly reconfiguring it the way I want.

Is there a way to get back what I had in MC12?

I've tried "lock view", seems to have no effect.  I've tried saving the view, which it lets me do, but when I try to "load a view", there are no views to load.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Sort order 12 vs 14
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:19:37 pm »

For example, I have a sort order set up for "Audio".  When first click "Audio" in the tree, I get the sort order I expect.  Then click a column header to re-sort and it does.  How do I get my original sort order back?  In MC12, I'd leave Audio and return, my sort order was back.  ...

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Save changes on list header clicks (uncheck)
might help.

... If I import files, the column display seems to go to a default every time I run MC14 (assuming I have cleared the playlist).  Then I have to select a preset I've saved - many times a day...

Hmm... Where exactly the column display is reset? What do you mean by clearing the playlist?

EDIT

I think I got it. Probably you mean the "Recently imported" playlist. Unfortunately I think you are correct. I rarely use it, but I recall others complaining the same issue.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

DoubtingThomas

Re: Sort order 12 vs 14
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:35:18 pm »

Thanks Alex!  I'm trying out that options setting you suggested.  I must have had that checked in MC12 and it didn't migrate to MC14.

Yes I was talking specifically about "recently imported" but I suspect the annoyance would involve any playlist that was emptied and then repopulated.

I've been a user of MC for many years, I think my first was MC9 or 10.  I've been very happy with MC12, but I figured I'd give MC14 a try before I move from XP to WIN7.

Tagging in MC14 seems to be more difficult too.  Opening up a new line below a tag (in the tree area) for editing is difficult to adjust to, especially when it opens up the line below into an area I need to scroll to see.

The delimited user list fields don't work the same either, in MC12, I could just start typing and MC would jump to the closest match, that seems to be gone now.

I don't know if the changes I need to get used to were changed in MC13 or 14 since I skipped 13.

Thanks for your help and reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up