INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom File Associations - Must I recreate with every new build?  (Read 1008 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I created a custom file associations xml for some doc types that are not included in the MC.

I copied the original fileassociations.xml from the "Default Resources" folder into the "Custom Resources" folder, and added the following to the list:
Code: [Select]
<Item Name="xls">application/msexcel</Item>
<!--My Custom Additions-->
<Item Name="skp">application/sketchup</Item>
<Item Name="clf">application/listpro</Item>
<Item name="cxp">application/cutlistplus</Item>
<Item Name="mvc">application/moviecollector</Item>
<Item Name="bkc">application/bookcollector</Item>
<Item Name="dvd">application/virtualclonedrive</Item>
<Item Name="mds">application/virtualclonedrive</Item>
<!--end my custom additions-->

My question is:  Because I'm simply adding these to the list, seems I might have to repeat this process for each new build that I install, because at the top of the doc is the following:

Code: [Select]
<MJFA version="1.043">
Is that the case? Or is there some way of including my additions on their own without adding them to the copy of the original?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

gappie

Re: Custom File Associations - Must I recreate with every new build?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:44:49 am »

i dont think its a problem lise. 1.043 seems to be the header for many versions. i gues it could be a problem when they change something in the fileassociation what needs a different version number. its good to keep a backup just in case, and just see what else has to be changed besides the version number when that day comes.

:)
gab

edit.. i just checked, but the last mc 13 version had also version 1.043 for the fileassociation file.. 8)

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: Custom File Associations - Must I recreate with every new build?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:54:08 am »

thanks gappie. I'll just leave it as is then. I wish there was a way to include new filetypes without having to add them to a copy of the original list though. Ideally, we could just have a blank xml file in the customs folder that only includes our additions. Then no matter what happens with the original, this xml never has to be touched.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up