INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re Instal  (Read 1344 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Re Instal
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:28:58 pm »

I just had to reinstall MC and I am having a hard time tweaking the system.

Is there no way of saving the settings?

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

Re: Re Instal
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:57:20 am »

bump
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:47:20 am »

I would try to Export the MC settings in the registry. Would start with HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_Local_Machine and the folder Software\JRiver\Media Center 14

Not sure if there is anything else that is needed.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 06:14:42 am »

I'd recommend to export and import only the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 14 registry key.

HKEY_Local_Machine... is mostly machine and OS instance specific and it does not store user settings. It may cause problems if it is restored from a different OS instance.

EDIT

I'd do the following:

1) Verify that the media files are in the correct locations (as they were before). If a separate cover art folder was used replicate also that folder.

2) Install MC and the plugins, skins, etc you want to use.

3) Restore the library from a library backup file. (...or each library separately using an individual library location if you have more than one library. You must back up each library to a separate backup file.)

4) Import the exported registry data to Windows registry. After you have done this, check that the restored library is (or libraries are) still intact. Do the step 3 again if you find anything that is not correct.

EDIT 2

If you are not familiar with exporting and importing Windows Registry items make a Google search and educate yourself first.

If that seems too much trouble you can always do it in the old-fashioned way:
Have a piece of paper and pen ready, browse through the options and make notes of your favorite settings.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up