INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add MusicMatch Jukebox Proprietary Tags  (Read 2184 times)

Markeaux

Add MusicMatch Jukebox Proprietary Tags
« on: June 29, 2002, 02:19:57 pm »

I am hoping the MusicMatch Jukebox tags for Tempo, Mood, ect, could be added to MJ.  It already appears that the MMJB Preference tag is equivalent to MJ's Comment tag, so that one is OK and so is rather easy to convert to a Rating tag.  

It appears that MJ's Custom{1,2,3} tags could be used for Tempo, Mood and Setting(is that the other one? I can't get MMJB to load after installing MJ :\ ) ... BUT that is sort of a hack, it would be best to just add the same custom fields that MMJB uses and have the same pull-down values to select from.  Organizing a huge music collection with such values as Tempo, Mood, Preference, ect, is EXTREMELY useful!  And, I would fully switch over from MMJB to MJ if those could be added, plus I would then recommend MJ to everybody!!!

Thanks!!!   Mark

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:Add MusicMatch Jukebox Proprietary Tags
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 03:28:35 pm »

Mark,

We will see what we can do about it. Quite a few people asked us to do that and it will help migration from MusicMatch to MJ.

Nikolay

Markeaux

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 05:38:04 pm »

OK, Thanks for listening!  The ability to categorize using those MMJB Preference, Tempo, Mood and Situation tags is such a huge benefit ... and, again, it would be super to have the same selectable list of values as MMJB.  

Also, I found that MP3 Collector supports those MMJB tags, too, so that sort of widens the user base.  

Thanks again!!!!  Mark

JNKH

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 07:52:59 pm »

Hi MJ,

If you can add this feature, and sync between COMMENT and Rating, PERFECT.

MM uses the comment field for their PREFERENCE.  When I import the MP3 files from MM, the PREFERENCE shows up in the COMMENT field.  If a plug in can be added to allow MJ to sync these 2 fields, it would be very helpful.  I hope the plug in can be a feature plug-in like AlbumView, but this syncs the 2 fields.

Markeaux

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 11:35:33 am »

... I'm having to go back to MMJB to categorize using their Preference, Tempo, Mood and Situation tags :\  ... I'll keep checking on MJ to see if those have been added ...

Lou Busch

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 12:24:38 pm »

Mark,
There are some standard (ie ID3v2.4.0) frames that serve the purposes you outline.  I asked a month (or two) ago for Tempo support (via the TBPM tag. You can do a search on BPM to find the thread).  The MJ reply was that they are considering a "more flexible" database structure that might accomodate this.  There is also a "Mood" tag (TMOO)and a "Populariometer" (POPM) frame, which might cover the "Mood" and "Rating" from MM (which I havent used since I got MJ about a year ago).  I would like to see support for these "standard" frames. A conversion or mapping utility might be used to move from MM to MJ and get the tags/frames correct.

Just my 2 cents,

Lou

DJ Zaz

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 08:45:42 am »

wooooooooooops sorry, I misread the date...previous post was July, not February :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up