INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Library Server view scheme  (Read 2128 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Help with Library Server view scheme
« on: January 08, 2011, 09:25:33 am »

I'm trying to set up up a particular view scheme to use with my android devices. I'd like to view my albums sorted by Album Artist (auto) and then by Album. I'd also like to see the Album Artist (auto) listed beside the album name.

Its this possible? I've tried several different configuration, but I can't get the albums sorted on more than one field.

wig

• MC Beta Team
Re: Help with Library Server view scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:26:51 am »

I managed to get this working by creating a new library field. It's based on the stock field Artist - Album (Year) Here's how to make it.

Click Tools -> Option. Select Library & Folders, then click Manage Library Fields.

Click Add New Field, call it Album Artist - Album (Year).

Set the Flags to Audio only. Click Calculated Field and enter this expression

clean([Album Artist (auto)]-[Album] /(FormatDate([Date, 0], Year)/))

Click Ok.

Select Tools -> Option. Select Media Center. In the Library Server area, under WebPlay, click Customize views.

Select Album, then choose edit. Choose the Album Artist - Album (Year) field and click ok.

That's it. Albums will now be listed individually, sorted by Album Artist (auto).

One problem is that if you have compilation albums that contain tracks with various Date entries, you'll get an album listing for each date. Can anyone figure out a good way to solve that? I've temporarily removed the Date portion of the expression in my library, but I'd like to include it in the future.

I'm trying to set up up a particular view scheme to use with my android devices. I'd like to view my albums sorted by Album Artist (auto) and then by Album. I'd also like to see the Album Artist (auto) listed beside the album name.

Its this possible? I've tried several different configuration, but I can't get the albums sorted on more than one field.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:35 am »

Here's how it looks on my Archos 101 tablet

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:27:21 am »

Here's how it looks on my Archos 101 tablet

The picture may only be visible to you.  I can't see it.

You can modify your post, choose "Additional Options" in the lower left corner, and attach an image.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:30:08 pm »

The picture may only be visible to you.  I can't see it.

You can modify your post, choose "Additional Options" in the lower left corner, and upload it to the forum.

I look in the Additional Options area, but I didn't see anything about uploading images there.

I moved the images to my ftp and edited the links above. You should be able to see them now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:37:10 pm »

Nice pictures.

I should have said "attach" not "upload".
Pages: [1]   Go Up