INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bookmark Field  (Read 2194 times)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Bookmark Field
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:14:55 am »

What does the bookmark field do?

I'm guessing that it records the last stop point on a video. Is this right?

I would like to on mass delete all data in these fields so that all my vids start at the beginning. is this safe to do or will the law of unintended consequences kick in?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bookmark Field
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:16:14 am »

you can clear that field without a problem. i made a smartlist wich gives me only the movies with a bookmark value and putted the bookmark column in there. makes clearing the value very easy. when you never want to use the bookmark you can change the behaviour on a files basis by changing the 'use bookmark' tag. also audio files have a bookmark, and the default is to not use it, but for audiobooks it could make sence and can be change for those files..

:)
gab

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:12:29 am »

Cheers

edit:

When I tried to edit the value in that field I couldn't make any changes.

I went for the use bookmark tag and turned it off instead. Is there a way to make that the default setting?

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:25 am »

When I tried to edit the value in that field I couldn't make any changes.

The edit type is "clear only."

I went for the use bookmark tag and turned it off instead. Is there a way to make that the default setting?

No. Wouldn't that have the unintended consequence of you not being able to restart a movie where you stopped it? If you don't want that to happen, you can hit stop twice to clear the bookmark.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:53:09 am »

No. Wouldn't that have the unintended consequence of you not being able to restart a movie where you stopped it?
That is, essentially, what I want.

I took the time to get screen grabs featuring episode titles from the TV shows I have in my collection. The nature of TV now is that the episode title can turn up at any time within the first fifteen minutes, sometimes longer. Consequently the episodes are starting all over the place and not at the beginning.

That said, I think I would prefer to keep it enabled with movies in future, but just not TV shows.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:18:49 am »

Consequently the episodes are starting all over the place and not at the beginning.

Clear the bookmarks from all episodes. In the future, hit stop twice after getting your screen shot.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 08:03:59 am »

Right, I got the clear thing working now. It was kind of obvious.

I'll do it that way from now on.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up