INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: API plug in for iMon Frontview?  (Read 3106 times)

Zeno

API plug in for iMon Frontview?
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:21:51 pm »

Has anyone developed a plug in to allow artist/track info to be displayed on the VFD (see link), so that a user can scroll and select an album or track to play using the Soundgraph case display ie without using a monitor?  I guess this could alternatively work by windows explorer communicating with the VFD and MC being the default player?

Really appeciate any ideas about how to use MC without a monitor.

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7375

Thanks

jodonoghue

Re: API plug in for iMon Frontview?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:18:04 pm »

I'd be quite interested to have a go at this.

A simple plug-in displaying information about the currently playing track using the MJPlaybackAutomation server would be pretty straightforward, but is a long way from doing everything you want. It would be possible to go slightly further using MJCurPlaylistAutomation, but would limit browsing to the current playlist.

I believe that the best way to do things would be to have an iMon plug-in which works in conjunction with the Theatre View, since the navigation concept of Theatre View can probably be reproduced on the small iMon display.

To do this, I would need to have a mechanism to find out the current menu contents. The idea, I think, would be something like:

On the lower line of the display, the current menu item would be displayed in the centre, with as much additional text from the previous and next items as possible given the 16 character display limitation.

On the upper line would be a similar display for the previous menu, giving the user a view of what would be seen by pressing the 'back' button.

Anyone have any ideas how I could obtain information about the currently displayed menu? I can't immediately see how to do this, although MJViewItemAutomation looks as though it may be promising.

If there's a suitable mechanism for doing something like the above, I'll start to think about how the UI could look. Options are limited with a 2 x 16 display, but I'm sure that something should be possible.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:18:10 am »

if you have access to a c++ compiler programming the IMON is pretty straightforward. Had a look at the API and you should be able to do most anything using a remote. Either the MC one and intercept the HP driver , or use a separate IRDA module and use that side by side.

I'd go for a out-of-prog option. After that it's just connecting the IR codes to the desired functions in MC.

blazef

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »

This is exactly the feature that is missing. It would be great.

Diede

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »

I'd be quite interested is such a plug-in, any update on this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up