INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: heres a half baked idea for a feature!!!  (Read 1118 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
heres a half baked idea for a feature!!!
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:57:33 pm »

multi panes with linked content based selections.

So I imported about 100 blu-ray rips into my library last night, with the intent of going through my library after the import and removing the dvd rips of the same movies, to avoid having duplicates on my system. so i opened 2 panes that showed all my movies. the first i sorted by import date, the second by name. the plan was to run down the import date list, and find the corresponding film in the name list and delete the smaller dvd rip, that way id be able to systematically run through the movies i just imported, while being able to locate them in alphabetical order on the same screen. in the middle of this i though, wow, it would come in handy here, and in allot of situations if when i clicked on "cloverfield" in pane 1 it automatically moved to that entry in pane 2 or the closest match to it.

I wouldn't want to change default behavior of panes, but the idea of being able to spawn a second view that is "content linked" seems to me that it would be helpful in a number of situations.

thoughts?

docles

• Recent member
DLNA / Library Server and renderer
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »

Hi,

here is my config :

a server running MC14 with DLNA server activated, all the tracks are located in this server. The server is also the master for the library.
a renderer UPNP for the music, recognized by MC14
a laptop to control everything with MC14 reading the library from the server, with DNLA control of other devices activated. I there can see the renderer in the playing list.

When I order to play a track from the laptop, then MC says me to activate the DLNA Server (probably on the laptop).

What is your recommendation.

Best regards

Docles
Pages: [1]   Go Up