INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 1416 times)

RainCaster

• Recent member
Feature request
« on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:51 pm »

Not sure how easy this is, but I'd like to see this in an upcoming release...

My phone cannot use album art if buried in the MP3s, so I would like to strip it from those to save space. That option is present, HOWEVER, if I select that option, then I do not get the option of saving album art as "Folder.jpg" It would save space on my device to do this. Also, I need to rename the album art file to "hTC_AM_AlbumArt,jpg", so I would like to have a config option for this, with Folder.jpg as the default.

BTW, all of these options must be per device.

TIA,
RC

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Feature request
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »

Hey, I've the same kind of device :) Would be nice if they'd add this option! I'd use it!

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:51:57 am »

i was thinking bout getting the htc hd2.. umm are you saying covers will be an issue?

thanks

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:50:02 am »

I've chosen the HTC Touch Diamond2 because of its handy size (and price). I'm quiet sure HD2 and Diamond2 have the same audioplayer, because they use the same version of HTC's software.

For me, cover art is NO problem. I had some problems after copying music on my phone the first time. All my cover art was mixed up. After reading RainCasters post yesterday, I decided to restart all over. I deleted all music and synced it again via MC. Now all my cover is right in the HTC player.

For me, HTC extractes all coverarts out of the mp3s and creates a "~hTC_album name.jpg" for each album. One jpg per album. So I don't have to have the here requested feature but, as RainCaster said, it would save some space.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:37:06 am »

ok i see. thanks for explaining

:)

RainCaster

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:52:28 pm »

I did see an occasional ~hTC-something.jpg file on my phone. I wondered where they had come from. If the phone does not have any album art for a directory, it tries to download one from some HTC service and that is the file name I original asked for.

For anyone who cares, I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 European version. Using the WM6.5 ROM from HTC.  When I plug in the phone to my PC, and unplug, the player will rescan the whole library which takes a huge amount of time for the 6+GB I put on this phone.  I have been looking at the HD2, but I want to play with one first. Maybe I'll find one at a mobile store in the next few weeks that I can try out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up