INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 - Idea and asking  (Read 1737 times)

baba100

MC 14 - Idea and asking
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:37 am »

Hi all
I’m not sure this is the place for this asking.
After I learn about the MC14 playlist I’m really enjoy the software, to tell you the truth – I left behind my NMT and choose to use a PC with MC14.
If I may ask some improvement in MC14
1.   Coreavc  give excellent  rendering for MKV files, from some reason when I choose to use it in MC14, the MC14 is freeze. Please fix it. (http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc)

2.   When I create Schedule list to play the column durations is not update.

3.   How to reset the movies file tag play to not play? Meaning if I play more than 50% of movie file he get the tag of played, how I can set it back to not play?

4.   If I play -let say- 40% from movie and then stop the movie, when I play the movie again its start from the 40% point, this is very good. But is there a way to reset this to 0% ?

Sincerely

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14 - Idea and asking
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:57:51 am »

MKV is a container file.  Anything can be in it.  When you play from MC, maybe CoreAVC can't play the file type.  Consider installing CCCP.  See the wiki article on DirectShow for more information.

Press stop a second time to remove the bookmark.  Bookmarks can be set not to be used.  Try a search here for bookmark.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:43 am »

1. See Jim's response. CCCP together with CoreAVC works like a dream for many of MC's users.

2. The Duration column will not update. This is static information for the tracks. It's the duration of the music track or video. It will not change, unless the file changes. Try "update tags from file" if you have replaced the physical file.

3. I can't find a way to do this my self.

4. See Jim's response. It's also possible to set a batch script to delete the Bookmarks from all files. Try to search for Video Bookmark Clear, or similar words.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:56:09 pm »

For #3, open the tag window, if "Number Plays" is not showing, then right click on the tag window, hover over also show, click on Number Plays, then click on the tag window header to close the menu.

Now select the files you wish to reset the number of plays for and click on "Number plays" in the tag window to edit it. This fields' edit mode is "Clear only" so your only available choice is empty. Pick that and press enter to reset the number of plays to never played.

-marko.

baba100

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:27 pm »

Hi all,

thanks for your answers.

I think I'll not use this solution. I'm looking for something simple and easy, something like right click on media file, and choose from the menu "reset bookmark"
Some users have lots of media files and I think they not going to do it one by one.

There is lot of good features in MC14, but sometime they deep inside, maybe you can improve it guys

Sincerely

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:30:22 pm »

I think I'll not use this solution. I'm looking for something simple and easy, something like right click on media file, and choose from the menu "reset bookmark"
Some users have lots of media files and I think they not going to do it one by one.

You can also clear the bookmark library field.  You can do any number of files at once.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up