INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclude items in view scheme?  (Read 1480 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
Exclude items in view scheme?
« on: March 17, 2010, 11:52:50 am »

I'm trying to keep a bunch of things out of my view schemes by creating a rule, or something. So far when i open up "TV Shows" it has all my movies in it also because it opens up with all the video then i click my way through series and season and what not. but i would like to know how to make a rule that says something like "do not show anything with the tag of X, Y, Z" so far when i put "Series is X,Y,Z, limit to 0" all my genres are gone and no videos are there at all.  What am I doing wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Exclude items in view scheme?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:25:06 pm »

With the search dialog (Customize View > Set rules for file display...), you can pick a field name, then "is not", then check values to hide.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:26:08 pm »

maybe you could be a bit more clear. what do you use to see the differences between series and films, the limit to 0 is a problem i gues.
how about
series is not empty?

:)
gab

edit:.. more or less what matt said, i think.  8)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 01:55:20 pm »

Sorry for being vague. here's whats up.
I go to my "TV Shows" scheme under video. at the top in the panes there's two categories, "Series" and "Season" underneath the Panes is the thumbnails of all the videos. In this view, all my videos are there, my home videos, my movies, music videos, etc. what i would like is to have the thumbnails be only that with tags of "series" and "season" and nothing else so only my TV Shows are there.
I tried to do the rule, but i have no clue what to do, i set the limit to zero, but that takes everything out and leaves me with nothing.
i did "Series is not "all my tv show tags for series" then "Limit number to zero"
but that doesn't work because nothing is left.
Follow what im saying?

gappie

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:03:55 pm »

dont use limit to 0.. it will give you 0 files what ever you do. i dont think you need limit anyway.
when you open customize view. go to advanced and choose 'set rule for file display'.
now here you can choose
series is not empty.

does that help?

:)
gab

edit: i dont use the series tag, but maybe my attachment makes it a bit more clear (used the album tag as an example)
edit 2.. was to late.. you found it. good!  8)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »

Bingo! thank you, that was it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up