INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug report: Two issues, including blue screen when changing X-Fi "crystalizer"  (Read 2959 times)

ABx

• Recent member

I don't know if this is the right way to report bugs, so if there's something else I should do then let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

After installing v15, I immediately found two issues:

1) I installed and imported library with settings, and it immediately started trying to copy my entire library from a network share to my desktop; I canceled it, but have no idea why it decided to do this (I don't have anything in JR set to use my desktop).

2) I decided to try kernel streaming so I enabled it, and then decided to try changing settings on my sound card to see if the features would still work. When I got to disabling the Crystalizer on my X-Fi Extreme Audio, it immediately threw a stop error, faulting CTEXFIFX.SYS (Creative driver). I switched JR to ASIO, and it did the same. I later tried after closing MC, and it still did the same. I can't say for sure that the program had completely closed, but enough time had passed that it should have been.

I'm using Windows 7 x64, Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio, Core2Duo E4500 with 2GB of RAM. I don't know what other info you might need, so feel free to ask. I'm happy to send the mini or full memory dump upon request, and if more info is needed about my system then I can send an .nfo file along with the dump.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hmmm,

I'm using:
Windows Seven x64
Creative X-Fi Platinum
Core2Duo E6700
4GB RAM

So with being remarkably close to your setup, I set about trying to replicate your problem. For the record, Windows has been installed since August last year and has never blue screened on me thus far.

You'll be disappointed to hear that I was not able to reproduce your stop screen.
As you did not mention any "Output Mode Settings", I assumed you ran with the defaults for both Kernel and ASIO (I also tried WASAPI for good measure).

You also did not mention the "Mode" the Creative driver was in. I tried in both "Game" mode and "Entertainment" mode, passing on "Audio Creation" mode.

Finally, if it helps, the driver package I have installed goes by the name of: SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013-x-fi-x64, which I believe is the same package provided by Creative for both our cards. (or was, back in August last year, I have not updated the audio drivers since first installing back then)

and according to Everest, the version of CTEXFIFX.sys installed on my system is 6.0.1.1373

Maybe some of that info will be helpfull to you in troubleshooting your issue.

Regards,
-marko.

ABx

• Recent member

Interesting; that is close indeed. Strangely enough it's not happening to me anymore, but Kernel Streaming is also no longer functioning for me. I would guess that MC installs a driver for kernel streaming, but I'm not seeing any likely suspects.

The file version of the Creative driver is the same, according to the file properties in explorer, but the driver package appears to be 2.18.13 as yours is. I also have to correct myself on the sound card: the computer in question has the X-Fi Xtreme Music (the other computer has the Xtreme Audio), not that it should make that much difference (although it does make your card even a bit closer).

I am indeed running all the defaults; I don't change settings unless I have a need to do so (I was just curious about kernel streaming).

TBH I'm not all that interested in troubleshooting much further. I do white-box testing and support for a living, so doing so on my off-time for a beta that I'd have to pay for isn't all that appealing. However, I'm happy to pass on dump/settings/nfo (msinfo32) files that might help the dev team resolve it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

#1 is probably just MC importing files, not copying files.

#2 is probably a driver issue

I think you said it happened while changing settings, not while playing files.  If it's related to files, what kind of files?

Reboot and install the most recent build from the MC15 board.

Check this thread in case you're affected:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56783.0

We have a lot of users on Win 7 64, so I doubt that it's related.

It would be worthwhile updating the driver even if it doesn't seem to have changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up