INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i bought the last new cd i will buy EVER  (Read 938 times)

zevele1

i bought the last new cd i will buy EVER
« on: June 29, 2002, 07:27:04 am »

Jefferson Airplane 'takes off' mono stereo if you want to know

I mean new cds from a big label
I will still buy records from indee labels

For big label,i will only buy second hand
For very well know artists ,i will use p2p,pirate copies at one dollar at the central bus station and pirates cds mp3 encoded.

I and many friends will use that the shop where we buy offers since ever
I you give back any records during the week you buy it,they give you back 3/4 of the price of the records.NOT money,vouncher[?]

We started it,we bought 10 cds.I ripped it to ape,one with a good printer did full copies of the sleeves.
The cds back,we have quitte good money to buy more,and so on

I start to be feedup with all the s--t going on
The small group we are was a "spending big" on records

Look like i will buy my second 160 hard drive in no time
Just to put more on p2p

Lucy

RE:i bought the last new cd i will buy EVER
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 07:52:46 am »

Piracy in Hong Kong are serious too. I live in Hong Kong. Typical new pirate albums are sold at HKD20 (about USD2.56)....

But I rarely buy pirated CDs, because I don't often listen to pop music. My favourites are classical, piano, new age and oldies.....They are hard to find in the pirate market. They are also hard to find in P2P sharing. So normally I buy the "true" CD from CDstores. Or, I usually borrow classical music CDs from public libraries and then rip them into mp3 files.

As for some good pop songs like "hotel california", "california dreaming", "how deep is your love", etc, I had gotten them by P2P sharing programs..So far I have up to 1GB music files~

HAHA

geekboy200

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 08:30:17 am »

Yeah! Yeah!  :)  My approach *has* always been to download and evaluate like mad, but buy and suppport the artists who release a good product. I gotta tell ya though, the RIAA is pissing me off *so* much, that I won't buy another CD, as long as the "food chain" remains as it is now.

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 09:12:51 am »

It is the only way to answer to this people

I am not mad cause they close p2p.But because they just do it,they do not give any alternative

I cannot understand a country where corporates make the laws

I saw that they want to put  taxes on second hand cds
And that they put'fake songs' on p2p.Mp3 with only silence on it or a loop of the same 30 seconds of music

Now ,tell me why they closed the p2p who had the most blocked songs?
Because 80% of the music on it was indee,alternative music NOT on big labels

They want to control anything,and indee labels is one thing they cannot stand

I used p2p as you do.But not anymore.From the day i heard they being after Audiogalaxy to the day it closed,i got 14 000 songs.
Yes 14 thousands.I will never ever buy one cd from a big label from this songs

I just hang around now 'giving' my 200 GB of music to anyone who want it
I plan to buy another 160 GB hard drive and to fill it with only music from big labels

They will close some very well know in the near future.But i can give you names of many more and outside of US,and with anonymous surfing

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2002, 10:29:55 am »

I only buy older CD's Now Days

They Can Keep There Secured CD's
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2002, 11:11:24 am »

The music industry is pretty stupid.

All their protection is the stupidest idea I ever heard. It means the people who actually buy the CD's and own legitimate copies are having problems as they're the only ones who will ever even realise the cd is protected and get all the hassles from it.
All the people who get it illegally wont get hassled by it at all and it makes more people think why should I pay for it. I'm going to stop buying it.

geekboy200

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2002, 05:29:47 pm »

The day that the *artists* get together and form their own distribution channel(s), is the that the RIAA and all of their associated profit skimming fatcat agents, accountants, and industry pimps will go down. They think they had trouble with profits because of Napster, or that they are losing sales due to music swapping? How about if we fed up buyers vote with our wallets and don't buy a single freakin' recording?  I mentioned it before, but did some research since, and it appears the "tip the artist" website/system is dead. That was such a good idea. Networking the artists through a system like PayPal would be great!  I'd like nothing better than to see the artist get my money directly. And, yes, the RIAA's latest scheme to dip into used music sales pretty much pushed me over the edge.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2002, 05:49:45 pm »

Those who have been flying around the bar here long enough will understand why I'm going to close this.  We're trying to maintain a sort of "Switzerland" stand here, staying in the center where fans and producers of music must eventually meet.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up