INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone having same problem of Year not showing in theaterview?  (Read 2069 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

ive went to theaterview options customize file display and chose year to make it look more clean, instead of it showing date with time. and when i chose year on all 3 htpc's and then goto theaterview, file info, year won't show up?
 ive doubled checked my files in standard view and year is filled in.

Thanks.

gappie

Re: anyone having same problem of Year not showing in theaterview?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 03:46:16 am »

i dont know, i works fine here. have you choosen the year field or are you doing it in an expression?
and it shows date just fine?
what happens when instead of using year you make an expression there call it year and use     FormatDate([date,0],yyyy)

:)
gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:06:49 am »

hi gappie i chose options, theaterview, customize file info, then under fields i chose year, but it won't show up. When i chose date it does show up as 3/10/2009 :1:45am, I'd like it to just be the year.

what happens when instead of using year you make an expression there call it year and use     FormatDate([date,0],yyyy)

That Fixed It!!!

AWESOME! how come? is the year field glitching? or is year field a different field compared to the expression?

Bookmarking this topic for future use.

Thanks Alot!

gappie

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:31:20 am »

i just remembered. i posted this bug a while ago
there is something funny with info panel and rating. when i add rating to the info panel it does not show up. i could not find why, but after i disabled 'hide value when empty' it showed up saying rating 4 (which was right). but the rating was not empty..
and im wondering if there might be a same problem with the year field. when you choose year and disables 'hide value when empty' does it give a year? its not a solution, ofcourse.

gab

edit.. i did check it on the year field that was already in my video infopanel, and there is no problem there. but i just added a standard year and rating field in audio, and both dont show up altough both do have a value.  :)

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 04:41:13 am »

nope i brought it back to field and untiked hide value when empty. and that doesnt fix it. it made the year disappear again.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:27 am »

I AM SOOO SORRY... i need series code to please.  that doesnt work either:(
 in my customize file info some work, some don't but for tv shows i'd really it to show series as well.

is there a place on jriver\wiki where i can find all the codes you guys use? if so I could prolly figure this all out on my own and not have to post ignorant posts?!

Thanks Gappie

gappie

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 05:46:09 am »

I AM SOOO SORRY... i need series code to please.  that doesnt work either:(
 in my customize file info some work, some don't but for tv shows i'd really it to show series as well.

is there a place on jriver\wiki where i can find all the codes you guys use? if so I could prolly figure this all out on my own and not have to post ignorant posts?!

Thanks Gappie
you can find the codes here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language

one thing you could try is using the expression
clean([series])
does not do much but maybe is enough to go past the 'not showing although it has a value' problem  ;)

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 05:52:11 am »

will try that, thanks for checking back and your time

i just got done spending an hour writng another feature request.. i hope im not stepping on toes. just trying to express some things ive yet to figure out and hope they get implemented if they're not possible yet.

i'm wiped will work on the series first thing tomm and let you know how it turns out. ty for the link btw.

gappie

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 07:51:18 am »

i was just going through some views i made a long time ago in thv, i noticed i used the
clean([some tag])
several times. not sure anymore, but it could be it was to go around this bug.

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up