INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IFO data  (Read 3011 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
IFO data
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:00:01 pm »

Has something changed recently allowing Media Center to retrieve the length of an IFO/VOB DVD movie rip?
Only I've just ripped a movie, and it's showing up as 5.4GB and 1 hour 54 minutes long.  Which is great.  Normally the rips show up as 16kb and no length.
I'm just wondering if that is the case is there some way to get this data for all the IFO files that don't have it?

gappie

Re: IFO data
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:42:10 am »

Has something changed recently allowing Media Center to retrieve the length of an IFO/VOB DVD movie rip?
Only I've just ripped a movie, and it's showing up as 5.4GB and 1 hour 54 minutes long.  Which is great.  Normally the rips show up as 16kb and no length.
I'm just wondering if that is the case is there some way to get this data for all the IFO files that don't have it?
oh.. that is nice. i missed that. i just tried, an update library from tags does the trick..

:)
gab

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:44:08 am »

oh.. that is nice. i missed that. i just tried, an update library from tags does the trick..

:)
gab

Sweet that worked  :)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

Almost didn't read this thread, but I'm glad I did. That is nice for sure.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:57:50 pm »

Things i have noticed about J River and IFO's

1) Since the addition of the IFO data, every time I select “Run Auto-Import Now”, MC  “updates external changes” for every IFO i have.
     This happens even though no external changes have occurred.
     This might sound insignificant but i swear i run Auto Import 20 times a day. Now every time, i have to watch it search through hundreds of IFO's
     so it can update all the external changes that didn't even happen in the first place.

2) The displayed size if the IFO is not the size of the full DVD backup.
     Maybe its just the size of the main movie without the bonus features, i don't know.
     This doesn't bother me and I'm not saying this is a problem. I'm just putting it out there.

3) The IFO's imported are dependant on the view settings.
     I have views that exclude files with AUDIO_TS in the filepath and views that don't.
     The reason for the exclusion is that i have DVD-Audio with multiple IFO's in the AUDIO_TS folder
     and having more than one IFO screws things up for me.
     The problem...
     When I Auto-Import while in a view where AUDIO_TS is excluded, MC removes the IFO's from my library and not just the view.
     When I Auto-Import while in a view that doesn't exclude AUDIO_TS the IFO's are imported back into the library.
      I don't care about these specific IFO's. They can come and go all they want for all i care.
      The real issue is how MC deals with the exclusion by removing the IFO's from the library.
      I do the same type of exclusions with AVI's and they don't get removed from the library, they just don't show up in the view.
      A scenario where this could matter...
      Lets say i have children. I don't want them to watch horror movies. So i create a view for the children that excludes the word Horror from the filepath.
      Now the children are sleeping and i want to watch a horror so i click on my Grown Up's view. At this point i notice that all my horror movies have
      been removed from my library and i have to Re-Import them. Out of anger i then lay the smack down.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 12:17:17 pm »

I was wrong about the severity of #3 above. It appears that only my AUDIO_TS folders are effected by this.
I tested some views that excluded IFO's from movies and none of them were removed from the library.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 01:14:21 pm »

Improved support for movie collections is an area of focus for Media Center 15.

Maybe you could try early builds as they're available and provide feedback?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 01:46:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply

I'll give MC 15 a try.
I am also going to rip some of my new DVD-Audio discs differently than i have in the past to see if that makes a difference.
I'll post the results some time in the next week.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »

I Just Installed and Purchased MC 15. Very Nice.

The problem of updating IFO's for non existant external changes,when using “Run Auto-Import Now”, no longer exists.
Auto-Import now runs perfectly on 15.0.16

The importing issue i was having with IFO's in the AUDIO_TS folder is no longer a problem for me.
This is because i deleted all of the AUDIO_TS folders.
I actually deleted all of my DVD-Audio rips then re-ripped them in an extremely quick and simple way, unlike the process a couple years ago.
I won't get too specific, but ill just say that I ripped each disc in two ways:
1)just as i would for a regular video DVD so i can play it back like i would any other movie with menus and my choice of  2 or 6 channel lossy sound.
2)the lossless audio only, converted to FLAC so i can play it bit matched just like any other audio in my library.

Now I actually get to use the audio on my DVD-Audio, and i don't have to deal with AUDIO_TS folders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up