INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 Upgrade Questions and Problems  (Read 16417 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC15 Upgrade Questions and Problems
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 10:55:01 pm »

Quick question - is there any reason we cant just enter our old license in the purchase page and get offered the upgrade price from that?
It seems VERY strange to have to install an older version purely to get an upgrade price.
Entering our old license would prove we were entitled just as much as having to install the older app first.

robertski

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:32 am »

Just wanted to express gratitude to JohnT of JRiver for sorting out my upgrade from my licensed version of MJ8 to MC15 - which is now happily purchased & playing as I write.

Good customer service and a recognition of the original offer made - despite what Alex B (not a J River employee) appeared to express.

Thanks guys, I'm sticking with this app which I have loved for years and years!

And particular thanks to John.

Cheers,

Robert

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 12:24:33 am »

...not a J River employee

That's exactly why I did not express my opinion. It might well have been something like "In my opinion, JRiver could make an exception to the strict rules in this case and handle the upgrade process manually" or maybe something entirely different ...but as I said, I didn't say anything. I just listed the facts that are available in the old forum threads.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

robertski

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 12:33:08 am »

It didn't need an exception to the strict rules - my eligibility was documented in the offer.

Sorry for my misunderstanding of your intent  :P

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 04:57:06 am »

Hi Jim,
no I don't have IE8 - I use Chrome and must have so thoroughly uninstalled IE8 I can't find it any more anywhere to reinstall, and there doesn't seem to be any way to add IE8 back into Win7.  I even reinstalled Win7 expecting it to be back, but no luck - it dutifully loaded windows just as I had it.  Unless I just don't know what I'm looking for but I've looked fairly well.  Oh well - any other way around this?  Tks

robertski

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 06:15:09 am »

Hi - Microsoft "unbundled" IE8 from the OS, so you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx

It's not a part of Win 7 (I'm another Win 7 user!)

Hope that helps - for me the upgrade opened IE8 automatically, even though it's not my default browser (why would you ...)

jbufton

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 11:01:39 am »

I want to purchase Media Centre at the special price of $14.98
However,  I am unable to get the special price.

I have version 12 already installed and licensed.
I have installed version 15 and selected "Buy Media Centre" but I always get the $49 price

There are only a few days to go before the offer expires and I would like to resolve this before then.
Any solution please?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 11:10:00 am »

I want to purchase Media Centre at the special price of $14.98
However,  I am unable to get the special price.

I have version 12 already installed and licensed.
I have installed version 15 and selected "Buy Media Centre" but I always get the $49 price

It's $17.98 now.  You can probably get MC15 to honor that price by restoring your MC12 license in MC15.   Details on restoring are in the Purchase link above.  Thanks for considering an upgrade.

the.call

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 04:19:47 pm »

I have installed MC15 0019 parallel to MC12 under Windows 7
When I try to open Media Center15-136544.mjr with PackageInstaller.exe in the MediaCenter 15 Program Directory, I get an Error Message while trying to restore the License. The funny thing: the Error Window is in MediaCenter12 Style (Aruba; for MediaCenter15 i use ThunderStorm). I think something is mixing up between MC15 & MC12. Same happens when i used the Link of the Registration Code.
What a I doto ge theicense istalledß
Live is eternal - at least until NOW !

Leben währt ewig - zumindest bis JETZT !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 05:04:53 pm »

I have installed MC15 0019 parallel to MC12 under Windows 7
When I try to open Media Center15-136544.mjr with PackageInstaller.exe in the MediaCenter 15 Program Directory, I get an Error Message while trying to restore the License. The funny thing: the Error Window is in MediaCenter12 Style (Aruba; for MediaCenter15 i use ThunderStorm). I think something is mixing up between MC15 & MC12. Same happens when i used the Link of the Registration Code.
What a I doto ge theicense istalledß

An MJR file will register with the version you installed / ran last.  You want to be sure you're using v15.

So reinstall v15, run it, then restore.

Thanks for the purchase.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

the.call

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2010, 05:31:58 pm »

This is what I exactly did today:
I downloaded MC 15 Build 0019 and installed it.
I started MC 15, went to Help Item and bought MC15 (upgrade), payed and got Registration-Nr and -Link
I downloaded via this Link Media Center15-136544.mjr and opened it (double-Click)
   - and then I got the Message: (translated from German)
      "Error while restoring Media Center License - Unknown Error"

That went the same way You described - only the Result was not the same...

? Can You imagine what went wrong -?!?
[Installation ran under Windows7]

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »

I started MC 15, went to Help Item and bought MC15 (upgrade), payed and got Registration-Nr and -Link
I downloaded via this Link Media Center15-136544.mjr and opened it (double-Click)

? Can You imagine what went wrong -?!?

Try getting another license.  Perhaps the MJR got corrupted on download?  We'll reset your restore count once the problem is solved.

Also, if you're comfortable with the registry, could you double-check that HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mjr points to MediaCenter.15.Registration.

Finally, with no JRiver software running, try launching the MJR file by running Explorer as administrator, then double-clicking it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »

At that point MC15 should have been registered.  What does it say under MC Help/Registration Info?

Are you running as Administrator?  Try rebooting.  Try reinstalling.

the.call

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »

I found an easier way from inside MC15!
When MC15 (time limited version) starts, a window pops up (Your License will expire in 30 days... ) with the Button (German Translation) "Renew License from File" - I marked the MC15.mjr - file and all went fine.

So far so well!    - and thanx for advise!

I exported Library from MC 12 and restored it in MC 15 - when I mark "Restore settings" it won't work; so I restored Library only: Music and Smartlists (VERY happy that this worked!). Is it NOT possible to restore Settings from MC12 ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2010, 06:10:03 pm »

Is it NOT possible to restore Settings from MC12 ?
No.  Just from MC14.0.92 and above.

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2010, 06:39:10 pm »

Hi - Microsoft "unbundled" IE8 from the OS, so you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx

It's not a part of Win 7 (I'm another Win 7 user!)

Hope that helps - for me the upgrade opened IE8 automatically, even though it's not my default browser (why would you ...)

thanks Robert - as you say "why would you.....?"  I tried the link but it didn't have a version for W7 so I tried the Vista version which it wouldn't accept.  I've looked around for other versions but had no luck.  Any other hints by any chance?  I'm running a version of Windows as an upgrade from Vista - perhaps there's something limited about it, though I can't see why it would be. thanks

robertski

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010, 02:03:54 am »

Hi murrayp - I was wrong actually. IE8 is included with Win7 it seems: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/faq.aspx#faq1_2

I googled "reinstall IE8 Win7 and found a lot of posts - this one might get you started as it seems it may only be "hidden".

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/7c1c7a40-d439-4807-bda7-8a697eb7a21e

Sorry for the misdirection & waste of time earlier!

Robert

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 03:46:03 am »

that's it!  Many thanks Robert.  I appreciate your help.
Murray

robertski

• Recent member
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 05:18:07 am »

That's a pleasure Murray - glad it helped you! (and glad I could return some help here in return for other help that JohnT gave me)

the.call

• Recent member
MC15 and G-Force
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 08:04:39 pm »

Did anybody manage to install G-Force wirh MC15 ?
I asked Soundspectrum, but they told as long as MC15 is 'beta' they wouldn't do anything...

Al_Z

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 06:34:36 am »

I recently bought a license for v.14 (Feb.2010). Do I still need to buy upgrade for v15?
If so, how much it cost?

Regards,

Al

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:02 am »

EDIT: The latest G-Force beta release now installs for MC15, and despite the beta tag, works extremely well.

Did anybody manage to install G-Force wirh MC15 ?
I asked Soundspectrum, but they told as long as MC15 is 'beta' they wouldn't do anything...
bizarre, especially as their current Whitecap installer detects and installs for MC15!!

Everything below here assumes you still have v14 installed, that you use Windows 7 x64, and that you are comfortable poking around in the registry
If any of the points above do not apply to you, accept that G-Force does not currently work with MC15!

You need to install for v14, then copy the .dll from the v14 visualizations folder to the v15 visualizations folder.
Then you need to edit the registry a little...
Go to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D5C761BD-3F5E-43DE-9C3B-93C63B60B0E7}\InprocServer32

and: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{D5C761BD-3F5E-43DE-9C3B-93C63B60B0E7}\ToolboxBitmap32

and adjust the file paths there to point to the v15 installation folders.

Next, copy the text below, paste it into notepad, and save it as a .reg file. Double click on your new file to add the info to the registry, and now g-force should work in MC15.

Code: [Select]
Removed

the.call

• Recent member
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 02:39:57 pm »

G-Force & MC15
I could install MC14 Trial (Nearby: Does a MC15 License include earlier Versions?) - but I have installed Windows7 32bit
(and at least until now I found no Reason to install W7 x64 except the 3GB-RAM-Limit of the 32bit Version but a few Reasons not to install it!)
Seems I have to wait - thx!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2010, 03:56:09 pm »

I recently bought a license for v.14 (Feb.2010). Do I still need to buy upgrade for v15?
If so, how much it cost?
If you bought after March 22, you received an MC15 license.  In February, it would have been an MC14 license.  The upgrade is $19.98 this week.  See the first post for instructions.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 09:12:36 am »

Hi,
Where/How can I find version water mark or something with 15.0.xxx kind of ?
Any reason to hide this ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 09:41:16 am »

Hi,
Where/How can I find version water mark or something with 15.0.xxx kind of ?
MC Help/About

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 12:34:44 pm »

Oh. I see it there. at the top of screen, thanks.

rick.ca

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »

It should appear in the title bar of the "About" window. If you would like something more accessible, right-click on the player bar, select "Customize display" and add [App Version] to the stopped mode title.

jjvv

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2010, 05:12:50 pm »

Hello,

I installed v9 and later upgraded to v11. The machine that had MC on it (with licenses, etc) became completely un-bootable. I a new machine and am ready to upgrade to v15, but all I can locate is the registration code from v9. I have no idea what email address I used when I ordered v9 and I've checked everywhere I can think of - can someone at jriver help me? I would like to get v15 at the promo upgrade price.

Thanks in advance,
JJ

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2010, 05:24:38 pm »

You can have our system e-mail you your licenses.  Here's the link:

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi  (2nd option)

I'll change your MC11 license to your forum e-mail address.  You can change it again on the same page.

Edit -- I can't find your license.  Please e-mail me your details.  I'm jimh at jriver.

the.call

• Recent member
Re: MC15beta & G-Force 4.01beta
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2010, 07:50:44 pm »

MC15beta & G-Force 4.01beta work together, thanks to Marko for this Info!
I have MC12 and MC15 installed parallel, and then I Installed G-Force 4.01beta -
now both  :o MC's work with G-Force! Thats a Dream-Team!

I have a Proposal for the Command 'Locate' -> 'On Disk (Inside Media Center)' -that leads to 'My Computer -> Disk Location; is it possible to link  a command to 'Audio - Disk Location'? The Reason: 'Audio -> Disk Location lokks into Subdirectories (whats 'My Computer -> Disk Location doesn't)
And more far: Why not put both 'Disk Location put together and include a checkBox 'include Sub-Directories ?

Another Point of Dis-Muse: Library Tools -Rename, Move & Copy Files: Is it possible to rename Existing Directories, fex. Artist\Album in Artist\Year - Album? At the Moment MC moves the Tracks to the new Directory, but the additional Files (Artwork, Lyrics and other Info-Files) stay in the old Directory  :o

Last Question: How is the Tag-Field 'Complete Album' defined? Can I change the Content to 1 ? Some Albums -although complete- are tagged with '0', not very clear why... ?

Tell me where to post Questions & Proposals like these above, if I'm wrong here! THX

the.call

• Recent member
Re: MC15beta & G-Force 4.01beta
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2010, 08:05:01 am »

MC15beta & G-Force 4.01beta work together, thanks to Marko for this Info!
I have MC12 and MC15 installed parallel, and then I Installed G-Force 4.01beta -
now both  :o MC's work with G-Force! Thats a Dream-Team!

I have a Proposal for the Command 'Locate' -> 'On Disk (Inside Media Center)' -that leads to 'My Computer -> Disk Location; is it possible to link  a command to 'Audio - Disk Location'? The Reason: 'Audio -> Disk Location lokks into Subdirectories (whats 'My Computer -> Disk Location doesn't)
And more far: Why not put both 'Disk Location put together and include a checkBox 'include Sub-Directories ?

Another Point of Dis-Muse: Library Tools -Rename, Move & Copy Files: Is it possible to rename Existing Directories, fex. Artist\Album in Artist\Year - Album? At the Moment MC moves the Tracks to the new Directory, but the additional Files (Artwork, Lyrics and other Info-Files) stay in the old Directory  :o

Last Question: How is the Tag-Field 'Complete Album' defined? Can I change the Content to 1 ? Some Albums -although complete- are tagged with '0', not very clear why... ?

Tell me where to post Questions & Proposals like these above, if I'm wrong here! THX

"Hello - Anybody out there  :-[ "

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2010, 06:22:17 pm »

I upgraded to and installed a MC 15 pckg several months ago. It's registered. Now, however, it's telling me that this version expires June 30th. Do I neded to install a later beta or something?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2010, 06:57:06 pm »

Just download and install the latest build from the download page here.  It has no timeout.

powerjak

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2010, 04:01:53 pm »

I've been a MC user since Media Jukebox 8, upgrading along the way.  My latest licensed release is MC14.  Quite awhile ago, I dl'd & installed an early version MC15.  I didn't purchase immediately, because I thought I'd wait until a stable version was released.  Bottom line is, the old MC15 has timed out, and now I want to purchase the upgrade.  Problem is I can't get to the MC15 Help screen because of the timeout.  I uninstalled the old MC15, downloaded the latest MC150080 and installed.  When I try to open, I get the "Purchase, Restore, Cancel" window.  I don't use IE ... hate it actually and it has been deinstalled & deactivate.  I've been using Firefox exclusively for nearly two years now.  It would appear that you're not supporting Firefox ... not good ... I know I'm not alone in the "don't use IE anymore" universe ... because when I click Purchase from the MC15 window, nothing happens because it's looking for IE instead of whatever the "default Browser" actually is and proceeding accordingly.

So how do I purchase the upgrade under these user limiting circumstances?

powerjak

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2010, 04:53:10 pm »

If you have MC15 installed, when you run it, the first screen (before the program is shown) should allow a purchase.  That's the "purchase, Restore, Cancel" window.

You could purchase on another machine if necessary, then use the Install Key to license MC by clicking on it in Explorer.  More on the Purchase link above.

Thanks for thinking of upgrading and welcome to the forum.

hyytekk

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »

I purchased my upgrade to version 15 just 17 days ago.  Last week my computer failed and the tech just installed a new hard drive today.  I re-downloaded the product, put in the registration code I was issued again today since it is just over the 14 day period but it says license is not found! I recall in the past with a different version the same thing happened after my hard drive failed and was replaced and I burned through all my 10 "re-issue" codes via e-mails and nothing was accepted.  Am I doing something wrong, it seems pretty straight forward?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2010, 02:14:40 pm »

I purchased my upgrade to version 15 just 17 days ago.  Last week my computer failed and the tech just installed a new hard drive today.  I re-downloaded the product, put in the registration code I was issued again today since it is just over the 14 day period but it says license is not found! I recall in the past with a different version the same thing happened after my hard drive failed and was replaced and I burned through all my 10 "re-issue" codes via e-mails and nothing was accepted.  Am I doing something wrong, it seems pretty straight forward?
I just answered your e-mail on this subject:

I've just tested this MC15 license.  
It works.

Make sure you are using the same version as the license.  Install MC15 from this link:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150167.exe

Visit the Restore Page here:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi
Copy and paste the Registration Code.  Don't type it.  Look for any browser errors.
Report the version of MC15 and the license you are using if you have trouble again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up