INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Sound Cards Zone to Zone / Media Center  (Read 2137 times)

music85

• Recent member
Multiple Sound Cards Zone to Zone / Media Center
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:17 am »

?  OK J River Media Center technology department.  I hope the Easter bunny brought
you some goodies, because he did bring me some goodies - sound cards!  I noticed you guys in
previous post have not tackled this problem - please address.

I have five sound cards and want to hook them up, assigning one sound card to it's
own zone.  They are all the same name brand sound cards (soundblaster).  As for now,
when I plug in the first one, MC reads it fine.  When I plug in the second sound card, it does not see
it.

So, can MC read multiple sound cards of the same model ( I don't want to have 5 different
name brand sound cards)?  If MC does not, will you please address and have it do this.  This
is of one good example to use multiple zones.

My setup:
1 computer
5 soundblaster sound cards
channeling to 5 areas of my home (having each zone play a different genre of music).
 ;D
Thanks,
Rick

robert77546

Re: Multiple Sound Cards Zone to Zone / Media Center
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:39:45 pm »

? This is exactly what I want to do.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple Sound Cards Zone to Zone / Media Center
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:22 am »

If you right-click the volume speaker in the system tray, and choose playback devices, do you actually see all five soundblasters listed separately?

If so, can you play MC on the one it sees, then use Windows Media Player and have it play a song on a different soundblaster at the same time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up