INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MC15 convert and preserve my MC13 library?  (Read 1988 times)

Bulkhead

• Recent member
Will MC15 convert and preserve my MC13 library?
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:22 pm »

Looking to upgrade, but am hoping MC15 will preserve the work I've invested in the MC13 library.

I searched the forum but didn't find an answer that was explicit. The upgrade page suggests that MC15 will upgrade prior versions' libraries, however the following section says that users may need to upgrade through versions to convert the library.

Appreciate the clarification.

Thank you,
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Will MC15 convert and preserve my MC13 library?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:32:25 pm »

Create a libary backup file on MC13 and restore the backup file on MC15. It will restore the library similarly like MC13 would do. (File > Library > Back Up Library... / Restore Library...)

Don't tick the "Restore settings" option. An MC 13 library backup file does not the contain the set user options. If the "Restore settings" option is enabled the restore will not work at all. (I just tried and verified this.)

You don't need to uninstall MC13. You can do it later when you are familiar with the changed and new features in MC15.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Bulkhead

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:21 pm »

Thanks Alex,

Much appreciated
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:27 pm »

Looking to upgrade, but am hoping MC15 will preserve the work I've invested in the MC13 library.

I searched the forum but didn't find an answer that was explicit. The upgrade page suggests that MC15 will upgrade prior versions' libraries, however the following section says that users may need to upgrade through versions to convert the library.

Appreciate the clarification.

Thank you,
Just backup your library from MC13 and restore it in MC15.  It should work.  If not, you'll need to install MC14 and do it twice (13 > 14 and 14 > 15).
Pages: [1]   Go Up