INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to reload Jukebox & view custom tag?  (Read 1494 times)

Vectra

• Recent member
How to reload Jukebox & view custom tag?
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:03:43 pm »

I had to reinstall MJ and now I can't sort and view my songs by the custom tag I created.  I don't see the tag or values listed when viewing all tags, but when I click on ACTION WINDW>TAG>FORMAT I see the custom tag and the valued I added.  The custom tag is "Style" which I use as a sub-genre.  I sort on Genre then Style (i.e. Pop/Rock then punk).

I can start over by creating a custom tag field and then retagging my files, but since the files have a the tag already inside the file how do I simply view it?  I created a custom tag "Style" but it won't read the "Style" values in my fields unless I retag.

My new install of MJ seems to read all the standard tags.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How to reload Jukebox & view custom tag?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:31:42 pm »

Did you actually recreate the library field in Options > Library > Manage Library Fields? You must use exactly the same name you had before. If the files are already inside in the library you must also do "Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)".

If the above does not help, could you select one of the files and go to Action Window > Tag > Format and do "right-click > copy to clipboard"? Paste the clipboard contents into your reply. Perhaps there's something in the tag content that can help.

EDIT

If you happen to have a library backup file from your previous MJ installation you can simply restore the backup file and get everything back.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Vectra

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:15:48 pm »

The second step fixed the problem...thanks!

"you must also do "Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)"

I did this to all my files and now I can see the custom "Style" tag.

I will keep a backup so I don't have to reload and configure from scratch next time.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:53:07 am »

MJ creates automatic backup files periodically. They are stored under the Windows user specific application data folder. However, it is a good idea to create a new backup file manually after any big changes and store it in a safe place (somewhere outside the local boot drive).  File > Library > Back Up Library...

If you also back up your audio files to an external drive (or drives) you can always restore the audio files and the library backup file if something disastrous like a drive crash has happened.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up