INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heading Off To NABShow On Friday  (Read 801 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Heading Off To NABShow On Friday
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:51:44 am »

Just thought I'd mention... I'm heading off to NABShow in Las Vegas on Friday afternoon.  Anyone else making the voyage out to the show?

If you've never heard of NAB or the NABShow, it is the industry trade show for the National Association of Broadcasters.  That's the trade group (and lobbying arm) for effectively the entire Television and Radio business.  The NABShow covers lots more though, and it is basically the biggest trade show for "Pro" Audio and Video people around, and includes lots of stuff on Podcasting and Internet broadcasting now.  There's two parts of the show, there is a "training and education" part, which starts on Saturday and is run by a company called Future Media Concepts.  They do a fantastic job.  And then there is a more conventional "Expo" section which starts on Monday.

If anyone else happens to be heading out there for the show, I'd love to get together for a beer or something.  It's amazing, there's like 100k attendees at this show, but since I'm not really in the "biz" I don't know many (any) people and I'm always just kinda lonely.  I am planning on heading to the Adobe Party on Monday night if nothing else, and perhaps the Final Cut Pro Users Group Supermeet (though I haven't decided).  Luckily, this year, my wife and a couple of friends are heading out next Wednesday and we're going to make it into a little vacation after the show ends.  Should be fun!!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up