INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maintenance Release build 315 is on Downloads Page Now  (Read 1618 times)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Maintenance Release build 315 is on Downloads Page Now
« on: June 28, 2002, 11:45:30 am »

Thanks for the help testing 8.0.315 and others before it.  315 is on the downloads page now.

If you have ANY remaining problems, please start a new thread.  Ask if others can duplicate it.  Include system info from MJ Help.

Thanks again.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
RE:Maintenance Release build 315 is on Downloads Page Now
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 01:56:22 pm »

JimH, I recommend that you pull 8.0.315 off the downloads page immediately and go back to 8.0.314.

If you'll check the message board, you'll see there are some common proceedures that cause MJ 315 to crash.  315 did NOT have enough time for bug reporting before you posted it on the downloads page.  I'd hate to see new users get a crashing version for their first experience with MJ.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

nila

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 03:21:00 pm »

Yo Matt,
Just wanna say dude: 'YOUR FAST'.
I reported the missing info error and you had it fixed by the same day. That's what I call fast :)

JimH

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 03:26:32 pm »

Our goal is to be able to warp time a little soe we can see what you will need.  We call it JITP -- Just In Time Programming Plus.  It's part of the Plus package.
Jim Hillegass

nila

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2002, 03:36:14 pm »

That works for me even though right now I'm taking your advice and still on the trial. Nice to know I'm recieving the JITP also though :)

And Jim, not meaning to drag it on, but if it hadn't been for all the discussions about the registration process that we had initially and your suggestion to run it in trial mode each time I did a fresh install, I would currently be on restoration number 3 out of my 6 and it's been less than two months :(
Feel free to delete this part of the post, I just wanted to mention it so you are aware that it would be causing problems to some genuine legal users.
It's like they say: if you dont mention a problem and just put up with it, no one will ever know it exists and so it cant be fixed :).

Ilmar

• World Citizen
  • JOATYou mean besides music?
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2002, 03:37:53 pm »

Hey !

Cut JRiver a little slack!

If it had been a new operating system MS would have released 8.0.275 as final and bug free, and we would be on Service Pack 2 by now.

(that wasn't aimed at you Nila :) )

Ilmar
Ilmar

"We make a living by what we get,
But we make a life by what we give"
     Sir WInston Churchill

nila

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2002, 03:48:37 pm »

Just upgraded to the new latest build and this is more of a kind of feature request than a bug.
Every time I do an install it keeps trying to set a default set of file associations and to insert start menu items etc.
I moved the MJ folder into a sub folder and so it adding it again would mess up my customised start menu.
Also, I customised the assocations and trying to remember which ones I chose is a pain.
Would it be possible to make the installer see if it's an upgrade and if it is just not change any settings but simply update the program?
It'd be really useful, especially with your JITP method which I love and believe is the best programming method myself personally.

It does however result in a fair few number of reinstalls which makes the installation process quite important :).

And I think I found a bug,
you fixed the information display from disappearing but now it even appears ontop of other windows if you try to change the focus off of MJ.
When u have a lot of songs, reading them can take a while and so having that info box ontop of everything is slightly frustrating :)

JimH

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2002, 04:50:05 pm »

Nila,
MasterCard or Visa?

Jim
Jim Hillegass

nila

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2002, 10:30:06 pm »

That one went right over my head :(

What'd u mean?

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2002, 02:30:01 am »

to me you can release MJ i don't have any problems with ripping, encoding, recording, tagging and bla bla bla
Made in Portugal

DocLotus

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2002, 02:46:13 am »

I thought the final MJ 8 came out some time ago, but we still seem to be in quasi BETA mode!

New releases are coming out faster then they did during the official BETA mode!!!

Their coming out so fast that pretty soon we may run out of numbers & have to start V9… Or, are we already there?

I guess when the guys at JRiver get hot it’s too darn hard to stop.  When your hot, your hot!!

GO TEAM!!!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2002, 04:56:29 am »

Letter/Number Combos Could Be Used.

the reason it is higher than normal is V8 was in the works for almost a year. they kept adding options, skins etc... and yes fixing bugs.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up