INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Themes and 64 Bit OS  (Read 1621 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Themes and 64 Bit OS
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:15 pm »

I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I should post it. I just loaded a 64 Bit Windows 7 system with MC15. I couldn't get themes to work at all. It turns out that MC is looking for the Themes folder in Progam Files\Media Center 15\.... when the 64 bit OS installes in Programs Files (x86)\Media Center 5\... If you create the folder structure for program files and put the theme there it works fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Themes and 64 Bit OS
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:08:04 pm »

I think something else might be going on.  Themes were developed on a 64-bit OS, and I can't reproduce this on the Vista x64 computer I'm using now.

Any other hints?  Anyone else?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:26:51 pm »

I installed on a brand new HP laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. As soon as I eneabled themes they didn't work. Just a plain background. I suspected the path so I created the additional tructure and when I launched Theater View I had themes.

I just checked the registry and noticed that the themes path was pointing to the Program Files folder path. Once I changed it to the Program Files (x86) path in Options/Theater View it worked without the additional path. I didn't upgrade or migrate. I don't think I could have put in the wrong theme path because I had to create the path after the fact. I'm not sure what build I installed because I've updated to .23 since then.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:51:07 am »

Are you, by any chance launching MC through an application launcher, let's say objectdock? I my self had lots of troubles with older versions of it on my x64 vista machine when trying to launch MC, that would "confuse" the program to think that it would run under a 32bit OS.

Did you try to launch the .exe directly from its C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15 location ?

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

mmm Guys, I am on Windows 7 x64 and I dont have nor did have problems, and I tried out a LOT of themes, inclusive OLD ones.
I had MC 13 on this PC, briefly a MC14 trial, and now the 15 beta and NO problems.
Before each install I exported database (and settings from 14 on), uninstalled MC totally, did a registry clean up, reinstalled new version, restored licence, database and settings.
Skins always worked OK.

If you guys need me to do some testing I am available for that.  ;)

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:52 am »

Hi i haven't any problem too with all of the skin (theater or standard view) both with mc14 or 13 or 15.
I am on a seven 64 bit too.
I have do a fresh install and rebuild my library (haven't do import)
If it can be help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up