INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not all of the selected tracks could be renamed.  (Read 1231 times)

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • TiVo-aholic
Not all of the selected tracks could be renamed.
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:36:29 pm »

Not all of the selected tracks could be renamed.

I am selecting a group of 176,000 files and I get this error message.  Is there any way to debug and create a work-around to this problem?

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
Re: Not all of the selected tracks could be renamed.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 03:28:31 pm »

Still sitting on a couple hundred thousand files and no way to back them up/rename/copy because of this error. 

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:54:49 pm »

Figured I'd throw a ping back out there to see if anyone knows how to get around this issue?

MusicHawk

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:55:21 pm »

Do ANY of the tracks get renamed? If so, the usual problem is that the Rename expression wants to give a track a name that another track already has. If the already-has-the-name track is also being renamed, it's that MC is not renaming the second track before it tries to rename the first track. Happens to me all the time. I just keep running Rename and it eventually works it all out.

But if NONE of the tracks get renamed, look for a global problem. Does the rename path actually exist or can be created by MC? Is the Rename expression somehow "illegal", trying to create invalid directory or file names? Are the files already open and locked by MC (happens when the track is playing) or some other program?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up