INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What filters does WMP use?  (Read 1306 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
What filters does WMP use?
« on: April 22, 2010, 10:22:36 am »

I was having a tough time with a file last night getting it to run in jrmc properly.  very, very choppy.  But when I played it in WMP it ran flawlessly.  How can I find out what filters are being used in WMP so I can then try and use them in jrmc?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: What filters does WMP use?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 05:35:29 pm »

You can some times get some info from WMP, but not a whole lot.  While playing a file, you can choose "Properties".  It will some times show Audio Codec and Video Codec, listing the names of decoder filters used.  It does not always do it.  It will probably say nothing if it uses Microsoft internal filters.  I would guess they use their own filters mostly.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What filters does WMP use?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:08:29 am »

It shows ffdshow audio codec and nothing for video.  So I'm then assuming it's using HAALI (because it wouldn't play it without it) and microsofts video decoder.  So why would it play fine in WMP and not in MC using the same settings?  The only thing that worked in jrmc was coreavc and that would get really choppy after about 30 to 40 minutes of viewing.  This kind of ties in with my other post.  So my machine is capable of this, I know that, it's just a matter of getting jrmc to handle it.  The issue I generally run into on my posts is that according to JimH it's not a jrmc issue, it's always something else.  It would be nice if every once in a while I would hear, ya it could be on our end, let me look at it.  In this case if wmp can play it, jrmc should be able to as well.

In any event I'm likely stuck with no answer on this.  I'm going to have to start looking for another media centre...it likely won't be as good as jrmc but I just need it to play the files which I seem to be having immense trouble with jrmc.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up