INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performer in Theater View?  (Read 1318 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Performer in Theater View?
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:41:41 am »

I'm mostly using MC in theater view.

Are there any plans on integrating Performer in theater view?

raldo

Re: Performer in Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:55:17 am »

Bump...

The reason why I am asking, is that a non-computer literate friend of mine is assessing his options for a big screen style theater view application.

A home server system with dvd and CD rips is not an option for him. Also, I believe that standard view (for Performer) on a big screen is cumbersome.

Hula, Youtube,  Performer, and possibly a new streaming video content service in Theater View, would be perfect...

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:34:39 pm »

Yup, I really, REALLY want this too...

For now, even the basic Genre, Artiist, Album categories currently available in the drop-downs would do, but the "Featured" and "radio' categories would be good too.

Ideally, we'd be able to create customised based on performer fields. - Can I get some love for a Composer field? :D

raldo

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:24:27 am »

The other day I was at a friends house and he was using Spotify as a music streaming application on his big screeen. We basically had to use binoculars to see the screen. I wish I could have recommended MC and Performer store to him :(

As a side note, Spotify recently released a new version where you can  integrate your local music library with Spotify's streamed library. It now starts to look more like MC (Performer) in this respect; both have limited browsing capabilities.

Another side note: Spotify also now uses Facebook to generate recommendations. This as opposed to Wimp (a new Norwegian streaming solution) which uses editorial content. Why not go in this direction with MC's performer store?

Btw., I'd like to point out that I'm not a spotify customer, but I think direction of development is worth noticing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up