INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC on Popbox as an App?  (Read 1035 times)

Media Freak

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My middle name is MEDIA
MC on Popbox as an App?
« on: April 29, 2010, 02:08:21 pm »

The highly hyped Popbox is set to make its debut sometimes in June. At $149, it's sure to be a all around seller and obviously a few MC users would end up with such a box (Well, just an assumption) :-). Now a lot of you may wonder what Popbox has to do with MC? Well, the makers of Popbox actually built its platform where a universe of Apps can be added to the box, on top of what it'll come with by default. We're talkin' Facebook, Shoutcast, Twitter, Photobucket, Weatherbug, etc... So, with that said, I was wondering if the Super Mighty MC could actually be ported as an App to the Popbox. I mean, I don't know much of what it'll take but here's what's written on the Developers page for Popbox: "Software developers can take advantage of our open application platform to create and distribute Flash Lite games and applications built to work within the popbox framework"
"The Popbox SDK 1.0 enables anyone. Popbox delivers the multimedia of the web and home network to the HDTV. The Popbox Platform enables anyone to create Flash applications utilizing Popbox API's to create TV experiences out of any home and web-based media experience.

• OPEN: Popbox is an open platform that allows developers to extend the boundaries of a wide array of consumer content services.

• LOCAL + WEB: combine personal media (photos, videos, audio from the home network) with web-based media to form a rich collection and entirely new experiences"

So, from what they say, is MC possible to be on the box as an App?
My Music collection runs 24/7; I threw away the Stop button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up