INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 14.0.164  (Read 7829 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Jukebox 14.0.164
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:46 am »

This is the latest version of Media Jukebox 14.0.

IMPORTANT: The feature set of the early builds of Media Jukebox 14 may change.  The goal is to provide a feature set that is similar to that of Media Jukebox 12, but with some of the updates, improvements and optimizations of the core Media Center 14 engine.

Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Media Jukebox can be downloaded here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediajukebox/MediaJukebox140164.exe

14.0.164 (April 29, 2010)

1. Update: Built from Media Center 14.0.162 code-base + the following changes from 14.0.162

2. Changed: It is no longer possible to create a new library in a non-empty folder (the program requires full control over its library folder, and deletes files in that folder that are obsolete or foreign).
3. Changed: System playlists like 'Top Hits', 'Recently Imported', etc. are translated at display time so changing languages updates the language on the fly. (as a result, names are no longer user editable)
4. Fixed: Pasting multiple files from Explorer to the cover art of files could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks to Junghwnan).
6. Fixed: Version/Build.

14.0.156 (March 5, 2010)

1. Fixed: Installation could complain about a missing file 'MJ12.xml'.
2. Changed: Removed some non-functional options regarding images and video.
3. Changed: Removed a couple unneeded files from the installation.

14.0.152 (February 26, 2010)

1. Update: Built from Media Center 14.0.152 code-base.

Zentish

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Jukebox 14.0.164
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »

Byor

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Sweet.  ;D
And just in time too.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:10:14 am »

Leito

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:43:55 am »

Over the next month or so, there will be several more builds of MJ14.  You will be able to update to a newer one by just downloading and installing it over the old one.  There will be one without a timeout when we think it's ready.  Features may change a little.
( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56447 )

I don't understand. Do MJ14 will be free, without timeout for the time to come? Because this version has a timeout (until 10/2010 for me).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 12:05:28 pm »

... There will be one without a timeout when we think it's ready. ...

This is the third build. Perhaps it isn't considered ready yet.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Leito

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:06:53 am »

This is the third build. Perhaps it isn't considered ready yet.
Allright, thanks for that answer.

datamon

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:37:49 am »

no asio in latest build (14.0.164)?  previous build had it but now i only see: direct sound, wave out, disk writer.

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:56 pm »

DSP studio appears to have gone as well
Which is a bit of a pain as it's now stuck with the equalization I was using for audiobooks
This totally sucks for music though......
(it's still available in the customize toolbars options, but the button does nothing)

[edit]
This appears to be a dual monitor issue, as moving media jukebox from one monitor to the next seems to trigger this behaviour
The only reliable way I've found to get the dsp studio window to appear is to click the dsp studio button, minimize media jukebox, then restore from taskbar
The dsp studio window will now be visible on screen

That's on win7 x64, nvidia video card, latest drivers
(when the dsp studio window doesn't appear, the win7 taskbar popup for that window is blank and unselectable)

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:14:49 pm »

The tag windows is quirky

If
1)the tag window has a scrollbar
2)the bottom item has a dropdown editor that opens under the item (use bookmarks for example)
Then
The edit window appears offscreen

Russ

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:51 am »

There is no selectable ASIO output mode. Why would you remove ASIO? It was available in MJ12 and prior MJ14! Will this be corrected soon?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 08:34:48 am »

IMPORTANT: The feature set of the early builds of Media Jukebox 14 may change.  

Audiophile level features will only be available in JRiver Media Center.

phineas

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:03:08 pm »

Hi,

I don't see last.fm scrobbler plugin any more. I had it in MJ 12, but since trying MJ 14 it's been missing. I've done full, clean uninstall/reinstalls on two different machines but there's no plugin. I don't see any documentation that suggests it wouldn't be there. Am I missing something? Is it meant to be there? Did that become a MediaCenter only feature or something? Can I download the plugin and install it myself from some source?

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 05:52:39 am »

Hi,
When i plug an USB (Disk or a pen) with Mediajukebox open, it freezes or crash all the time. Even if i plug it first and then open the program. Any ideia?
Made in Portugal

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 10:06:42 am »

Hi,

I don't see last.fm scrobbler plugin any more. I had it in MJ 12, but since trying MJ 14 it's been missing. I've done full, clean uninstall/reinstalls on two different machines but there's no plugin. I don't see any documentation that suggests it wouldn't be there. Am I missing something? Is it meant to be there? Did that become a MediaCenter only feature or something? Can I download the plugin and install it myself from some source?
Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 10:15:37 am »

Hi,
When i plug an USB (Disk or a pen) with Mediajukebox open, it freezes or crash all the time. Even if i plug it first and then open the program. Any ideia?
I can't duplicate this (tried with xp 32 bit).

You could try tools->options->HandHeld->redetect all devices (settings will be lost).

tttlh

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 11:16:50 am »

forgive me ,is this version free???

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 11:21:02 am »

Yes.

tttlh

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 11:23:50 am »

ok thanks

that_stevens_guy

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 09:31:07 am »

Figured I would give this a whirl on my folks computer today.

As someone posted outside of this thread, the MANUAL cover art lookup is missing from the context menu. Is this really an audiophile feature? 12 had it... and this has album info lookup still, so I don't see why there is no cover art lookup... The 'submit cover art changes to online database' option is still there, so is the 'get cover art' for import! This is main thing I could fault MJ14 on anyway.

I am not sure what above was complaining about with the DSP Studio being missing, only thing I couldn't find was "Tempo & Pitch" which I never used anyway. Also a true audiophile never messes with the sound using software enhancement ;) but I guess some people may want to enhance the sound on a set of bad speakers, its a basic audio software feature anyway.

And lastly (sorry this is getting long) under File Types there is some options for video playback? MJ doesn't playback video or images from what I know of, that's what MC was always for... maybe you can remove these options to prevent confusion. MJ12 used to ask about DVD video playback also (and fail at it), I guess its a blurred area from the MC code. Maybe it supports basic video for modern handhelds? Right clicking the columns it has sorting presets for Audio, Images and Video also.

Bit confusing with this saying it will timeout in October... Anyone else have MJ14 freak out Win 7 UAC - it popped up about 6 times for me whilst I was using it?

Also to the people worrying about it running alongside MJ12, I haven't seen any issues yet on a relatively recent Win7 x64 machine.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 08:14:07 am »

I can't duplicate this (tried with xp 32 bit).

You could try tools->options->HandHeld->redetect all devices (settings will be lost).

Still no good bob, i have tried with a Sansa clip+, using it with no microSD card inside it connects to MJ, and i can do the sync, if i put a microSD card in sansa MJ crash all the time. Even a simple usb pen crashes MJ. I don't know if there is something wrong with my USB ports. I'm going to try on a different computer.
Made in Portugal

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 03:50:50 pm »

Still no good bob, i have tried with a Sansa clip+, using it with no microSD card inside it connects to MJ, and i can do the sync, if i put a microSD card in sansa MJ crash all the time. Even a simple usb pen crashes MJ. I don't know if there is something wrong with my USB ports. I'm going to try on a different computer.
Please let us know what you find on your other computer. Thanks...

brianfitz

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 08:18:49 pm »

I downloaded this version, and connected both a new 5th gen Nano and an HTC EVO Android. Both go song by song and complete synchronization successfully. I see all the songs on my EVO... but when I look at the iPod, it shows zero songs, zero playlists, etc.

When I connect the iPod back to Jukebox, it sees the media on the iPod. It's as if it is transferring it to the disk and not being recognized by the iPod OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brian

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 09:19:19 am »

I downloaded this version, and connected both a new 5th gen Nano and an HTC EVO Android. Both go song by song and complete synchronization successfully. I see all the songs on my EVO... but when I look at the iPod, it shows zero songs, zero playlists, etc.

When I connect the iPod back to Jukebox, it sees the media on the iPod. It's as if it is transferring it to the disk and not being recognized by the iPod OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brian
The 5th gen nano is the one with the camera, right? It's not supported. Apple has encrypted the database. In MC 15 there is an "export to iTunes and iPhone function" which gets around the problem.

Duccal

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 05:22:05 pm »

I've got a problem... I can't choose ASIO on the output panel... Just Direct sound, Wave, and disc writer.... I know others have said this too... Can't this be changed ? I will not use this build if it doesn't support ASIO....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 05:54:03 pm »

I've got a problem... I can't choose ASIO on the output panel... Just Direct sound, Wave, and disc writer.... I know others have said this too... Can't this be changed ? I will not use this build if it doesn't support ASIO....

Please see earlier in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57388.msg389729#msg389729
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jhvalencio

• Recent member
Media Jukebox 14.0.164
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 01:20:20 pm »

Dear Bob, I was facing problems with my credit card, so I could only hear 30" of each music.
The problems were solved, at all.
I'd like to ask you to charge my CC and settle my access again, please.
Thank you!

jhvalencio

JohnT

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 01:38:04 pm »

Dear Bob, I was facing problems with my credit card, so I could only hear 30" of each music.
The problems were solved, at all.
I'd like to ask you to charge my CC and settle my access again, please.
Thank you!

jhvalencio
Please go to the account menu and select "update billing information" and put in your new info.  Then select "change subscription" and select the type you would like (standard or portable).  Thanks!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jhvalencio

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 09:47:32 am »

John, thanks for your attention.
But I don't want to change my subscription, I only want that you charge my CC and settle the account again.
The problem was that my CC bank misses my invoice and Media Center, for sure, could not charge my CC in the usual day, because the bill was not paid, problem that I solved now.
Could it be this way, please?
Thanks.
jhvalencio 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 09:50:39 am »

I think John understood what you were asking for.  Did you try what he suggested?  It should work.

I don't think we can fix it manually.

jhvalencio

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 10:04:57 am »

I did what you sugested, first using the same credit card data. Didn't work.
Yesterday I change my account billing data again, with another CC and, until this moment, I can only hear 30" of each song.
I think I'll need help.
Thanks.

hvalencio

JohnT

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 01:56:13 pm »

Please try it now, it should work ok.  Sorry for the trouble.

- John
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up