INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cluttered "Videos Display" with Server/Client SOLVED  (Read 1256 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cluttered "Videos Display" with Server/Client SOLVED
« on: May 09, 2010, 01:00:19 pm »

After help last weekend from some forum members I finally got my Client to play DVD Videos from the Server. I have 2 remaining issues, one of which I am addressing here.

Here is how I got the videos to play on the Client:
1. Connected to Server.
2. All the videos showed on the client, but the files show as D:\shares\videos .....  Only the cover shows here - it wont play the movie.
3. Went to Drives and Devices and logged onto the server video folder.
4. Clicked on "Show Files in Subfolders". Then waited  for it to find all the files. The files show as \\mellserver\videos ....  As best as I can determine MC will only play videos from a server when the networked file name is displayed thusly - not as D:shares\videos ....
5. Clicked on "Import". Then waited for it to import.
6. Now when I go to the "Videos" pane it shows the cover and a movie reel for each movie. To play the movie I click on the Movie reel.
7. Also have to remember to do a Library Sync, or the next time I open MC15 I have to go through this whole process again.

This all is workable, but the screen, both on the PC and in theater view, is cluttered by having both a cover and a movie real for each movie.

Have I done something wrong for it to be this way?
I'm curious how others with a server/client handle the DVD files.

Thanks very much.
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cluttered "Videos Display" with Server/Client Configuration SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 04:11:10 pm »

Looks like I have it solved. I was operating from the Servers Library at the Client. When I just opened the Local Library all of the Video files were there. They played fine from the Cover thumbnail, and the film reel icons didn't show.

Ever since I have had the server I have operated this way, instead of from the Local Library. Wasn't a problem until I wanted to watch DVD files. Guess all I have to remember is to do a sync periodically after files have changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up