INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Auto Import of Music Movie Details  (Read 1403 times)

delebash

Feature Request: Auto Import of Music Movie Details
« on: May 16, 2010, 07:55:58 pm »

Would really like to have the ability to auto import movie/music details from imdb and other movie music databases. 

Example point to a folder of movie music files avi mpg ect, click auto import detials and you can choose lookup by folder name or file name, if exact match is found all details are imported if not, either exeption list is created and you can click on each exception type and correct the name or spelling to try and lookup again it will then list matches you can choose from. Or on each exception it would stop and you could choose to correct the name on the spot and try again or skip that file and continue auto import.

All of the information for each file would then be stored in the database, you could choose or change album picture or manually edit or add any detials along with trying to automatically lookup details.  A chocie of multiple lookup sources would be great as well, such as Amazon,TheMovieDB, IMDB, ect.

Thanks.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Auto Import of Music Movie Details
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 09:27:01 pm »

You might be interested in the PvdImport plugin. It does exactly what you're suggesting, but relies on Personal Video Database for managing the download and maintenance of the meta data. There are several other similar plugin solutions. It's unlikely the same capability will ever be found in MC alone.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:39:42 pm »

I use the MyMovies Collection Management app (free). MC will read the MM xml files no probs. Works great as another solution if you're interested.

More info here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/MyMovies
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

delebash

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 10:15:02 am »

Thank you both for the information.  I do have AllMyMovies but I will also check out the PVD.  I was just hoping that this feature like in AllMYMovies would be added to MC15 since it already has the ability to lookup movie info from Wikipedia, but it is just ver limited and not easy to use as you have to do it 1 at a time if your folder file names are not exact matches.  In addition the tag editor in ALl MyMovies is much more user friendly, the tag editor in MC15 is hard to read has to be resized and is just 1 big long list, where in AllMyMovies it is a nice popup tabbed window of the tag information easily editable with appropriate fields such as multiline text boxes, rating control, as well as the ability to add genres and other info directly in the drop down list, I think MC is great but I the automation built in and new friendlier tag UI would be a great addition

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up