INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUE-Sheet-Handling now running properly in MC15?  (Read 2009 times)

BinCZ

• Recent member
CUE-Sheet-Handling now running properly in MC15?
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:59 pm »

Hello,

are the from v14 well known CUE-sheet problems solved in v15?

Kind Regards

BinCZ

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: CUE-Sheet-Handling now running properly in MC15?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:08:46 pm »

which 'well-known' problems ?

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:09:26 pm »

Which CUE-Sheet problems?

That CUE-Sheet import problems:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?PHPSESSID=199e15e8c2e3688e31ea0349414644ea&topic=55798.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?PHPSESSID=199e15e8c2e3688e31ea0349414644ea&topic=54763.0

Within the last one I did suggestions to simply resolve these bugs, including asking for tips concerning self-scripting. Unfortunately i got no answer up to now.

Sorry, but before such basic functionallities are not running properly, i will not buy the stuff.

Sincerely

BinCZ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:08:54 am »

Could someone email me a CUE file that points to multiple files (matt at jriver dot com)?

I don't think it would be hard to make the program support this case better.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:37 am »

I attached a few sample cue sheets in a zip package.

When a cue sheet points to individual track files, the INDEX01 line values are always "zero". You would need to care only about the filenames because the complete tracks are always included.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 12:53:33 pm »

I attached a few sample cue sheets in a zip package.

When a cue sheet points to individual track files, the INDEX01 line values are always "zero". You would need to care only about the filenames because the complete tracks are always included.

Should we even parse the playback range data, or just treat the CUE as a simple playlist in this case?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:34:00 pm »

Thanks for the sample files.

Coming in build 15.0.26:
NEW: Added support for CUE files that point to multiple files.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 02:35:34 pm »

Should we even parse the playback range data, or just treat the CUE as a simple playlist in this case?

Perhaps it would be better to just import the actual track files in order to avoid duplicate entries.

However, if the audio files are untagged it would be useful to read track info from the cue sheet. For example, the files may be ripped with EAC to wav or some other format without adding tags.

Personally I don't use cue sheets that point to individual album track files. Though sometimes I have used cue sheets creatively. For instance, I once created a virtual album by using single-track cue sheets that point to individual tracks in various folders: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29082.msg201123#msg201123. It would be nice if the single-track cue sheets in the linked post would continue to work.

BTW, did you read the linked threads and consider BinCZ's suggestion? :

... Nevertheless, an option for ignoring at least a complete image linked within a cuesheet would be the best solution. Is it perhaps possible doing it by self-scripting like

if (only one file is linked in cuesheet) then
if (exist "file linked in cuesheet") then REM case of valid image
import all tracks from cuesheet
ignore "file linked in cuesheet"
endif
else REM That should solve the multi-file-cuesheet-problem!!!
import all "file.musicformat" of the actual folder
ignore cuesheet
endif

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

My suggestions should not be wisdoms last conclusion.

It just was an example to solve the two main Cue-Sheet import problems.
I think, for the "whole image problem" there will not be a better way, while for the "double iteration at multi file Cue-Sheet problem" simply ignoring the Cue-Sheet will just be a good crutch, as long as MC can't handle multi file Cue-Sheets.

Giving evaluation of any found Cue-Sheet priority in every case of course is the kings way.
But a Medieval Cue Splitter sheet looks different than an original EAC sheet . . . and there are a lot of other apps creating Cue-Sheets.
But i. e. even Burrrn can handle them all.

That way may be quite more laborious than my suggestet crutch, but gives additionally the ability to read the titles from the sheet in case of untaggeg track files, as already mentioned.

. . . i know, i know, with every new dependency time and effort is growing exponentially . . .

Sincerely

BinCZ

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 03:21:13 am »

I've not come across multi-file cue sheets what are they used for ?

Why use one cue sheet for several files anyway.

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 06:18:37 am »

I just know one main purpose of single track CUE-sheets : Restoring of the original CD layout including gaps.

Maybe there are any other ripping apps producing such sheets when using "Single Track Mode" instead of "Image Mode", but i know it just from the ripping standard app "Exact Audio Copy (EAC)".

Therefore my suggestet crutch should work, the universal and future-proof way however is giving the CUE-sheet priority in every case; means reading the track files directly just in case of no valid CUE-sheet.
The advantages where already mentioned: You can read every track-relevant info from the sheet (Title, time); You have the abiltiy of creating compilations with tracks over various folders (see Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 02:35:34 pm by Alex B.).

Have a great weekend

BinCZ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 03:52:49 pm »

Please test build 27 available at the top of this board.

Thanks for your help.

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 03:39:20 pm »

Hello Matt,

thank You very much for Your efforts.

I tested b27 on a VM with a virgin XP SP3 (April 2010) with the three possible different folder audio contents:

1. Track files only
2. Track files with multi-file CUE-sheet
3. CD-Image file with CUE-sheet

Used import option: 2 - Automatic Import

1. Working as usual
2. Now showing all tracks just once, no notion wether imported from CUE-sheet or directly; but no more double iteration
3. No changes: All tracks from the CUE-Sheet were imported and displayed numbered in the file column(Image_Name,(1-n); additionally the whole image appears unnumbered as long track of i. e. 54:32 minutes

Better explained on the basis of my suggested crutch:

if (only one file is linked in cuesheet) then
if (exist "file linked in cuesheet") then REM case of valid image
import all tracks from cuesheet                                                    ===> WORKING (as before)
ignore "file linked in cuesheet"                                                      ===> NOT WORKING
endif
else REM That should solve the multi-file-cuesheet-problem!!!        ===> WORKING
import all "file.musicformat" of the actual folder
ignore cuesheet
endif

Kind Regards

BinCZ

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »

Hello Matt,

is there any chance, also to get rid of the described additionally import of the whole image as track in case of audio image file with CUE-sheet?

In the opposite to the issue with multiple file CUE-sheets solved by You i don't know any trick to resolve it by myself.

It would be very nice, would You take care of it.

Kind regards and a great weekend

BinCZ

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 03:48:31 pm »

. . . and only one month later . . .

Will the second issue (Whole audio image in library despite already stored it's tracks linked in cue sheet.) please also be repaired one day or should i get as usual again no answer for my test report?

. . . or should i start a new topic concerning that already x-times reported problem?

(Unfortunately that problem isn't fixable externally by a simple trick, like the issue with the multi-file cue sheet.)

Regards

BinCZ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 09:21:37 pm »

I'm sorry you're not getting the answer you are looking for.  I'm struggling a little to understand the issue.

Media Center allows selecting whether it will import CUE or audio files on a per-folder basis.  There's no way for a CUE to say "because I'm here, ignore audio files".

Could you help us better understand the problem with just telling Media Center the types to import, or manually dragging-and-dropping just what you want imported?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up