INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Remote volume bug fixed, CSS support added, and more  (Read 1413 times)

zigguratt

• World Citizen
Web Remote volume bug fixed, CSS support added, and more
« on: June 26, 2002, 06:29:43 am »

Hello all. I recently downloaded the source code to the Web Remote MJ plugin. I've made a few changes:

1) The volume bug has been squashed; it now works as intended.
2) The server now starts automatically when MJ is started.
3) I've added support for cascading stylesheets.

Phat Phreddy has confirmed that the volume works and the server auto-starts. The css support is a bit rough at the moment, not to mention untested. There are two issues:

1) The location of the css file on the server is hard-coded to "C:\wr.css".
2) The css file loads sporadically when the browser is on the same machine as MJ.

The reason for 1) is that within the plugin I can't yet figure out how to get the current directory. When I can, the css file will live in the plugins directory. The name will still (and always) be "wr.css". I don't know the reason for 2). It works perfectly when used remotely. Considering that it's meant to be used remotely anyway I don't see this as a big problem.

So now you can change the volume, start the server automatically, and change the look of the pages with a stylesheet. Not too bad for a few hours' work! Next Page The HTML that's generated by Web Remote is VERY spartan; there's not much to actually style. But you can still make significant changes to the look of the pages nonetheless. I'll be sprucing up the HTML to add tables, DIVs, etc. so there's more to style.

Hey jriver, how can I get this out to people? Needess to say I'll supply the changed sources to you. But can I just put the new dll on my server for download?
The latest version of Glissando can be had here.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Web Remote volume bug fixed, CSS support added, and more
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 06:49:39 am »

Hey, thanks Zigguratt.  Can you send it (with source) to matt @ jriver.com AND you can also upload a binary copy yourself.  See the link on "Submit your plug-in or skin" on the left side of this page:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/developers.html
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 08:12:37 am »

Okay, I still have to send off the source code to Matt, but I did put the new dll in the plugins area on your site. Now to make sure all my source changes are clearly marked.

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 09:27:13 am »

Thanks to Matt the css file can now live happily in the Plugins directory. I've included a VERY simple css file with the distribution this time. Look for a file named "int_WebRemote.css" in the Plugins directory of your Media Jukebox install.  I know, I said the name wouldn't change, but the new name is in keeping with the naming convention of the other files in there.

Download the updated plugin here.

PhatPhreddy

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 10:48:56 am »

Looks cool and all DL'ed via the MJ system nicely....

Looked at the CSS file and at least we appear to be able to change font / color / background...

Keep em coming guys :) !!!

BTW Whats all this nice stuff that appeared on the right of the input screen :) dont tell me you guys have sprung for a UBB licence :p !!!

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2002, 11:46:10 am »

Yep, you can now make your Web Remote crazy colours. What other problems were people having with the plugin? I know about the scrambled track order and will be looking into that. Was there anything else?

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2002, 10:06:56 pm »

OK so thats a web remote issue is it ?

I also have an odd 'seq' issue (that relates exactly with the web plug in side) but as I am a MJ newbie really I assumed it was a config I had not worked out correctly...

Of course this kills DJ mix albums !!!
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2002, 04:37:41 am »

I've looked into it a bit and as far as I can tell it's an issue with the Interface plug-in SDK: the list of files is provided to Web Remote in a random order.  I'll do more investigation and then take it to the developer forum.

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2002, 05:53:35 pm »

An update to the Web Remote plugin is now available in the Accessories -> Plug-ins -> Interface Plug-ins area. The only change this time is that Web Remote takes advantage of an addition to the SDK and can present file lists in the order specified by the user in MJ.

That should fix DJ mix albums, Phreddy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up