INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Playlists  (Read 1123 times)

Liver

Multiple Playlists
« on: June 25, 2002, 11:34:56 pm »

MJ8 Awsome! I want to burn multiple M3U playlists on the one CD as my CD walkman (iriver slim x) will recognise these. Can I do this with MJ8, I know when I burn a playlist I've created, MJ8 automatically puts that particular playlist on.
Thats probably as clear as mud, anyhow can anyone help?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Multiple Playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 06:07:48 am »

MJ can't automatically create multiple m3u playlists for you during the burn process. You could however create the playlists yourself and then drag them onto the CD burn list from windows explorer. If you use folders when burning, you have to make sure the m3u playlist contains the correct folder names for the tracks. If you need more details on this, let me know.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

burning man

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 07:51:37 pm »

I am trying to do exactly the same thing (I also have an iRiver SlimX which can support up to 20 .m3u playlists per CD), but I don't understand this very well. The suggested solution doesn't work for me.

I have tried dragging the .m3u file to the burn list from Windows Explorer in three ways:

If I drag the .m3u to the item underneath the folder "CD, DVD & Handhelds" that identifies the CD burner, "(D:)", I get a response that says "Please select file(s) to play," and nothing happens -- nothing appears, either in the folder list or in the actual burn queue, to indicate the file is included.

If I drag to the item at the top of the folder list, with the red and white target, that says Device - CD Burner, I get the same response ("Please select file(s) to play").

And, if I try dragging and dropping the .m3u directly to the burn queue itself, I get an error message.

The playlists contain the correct folder names for the tracks. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 08:34:53 pm »

I have a SlimX 350 also. I use CD-RW's in DirectCD format (packet write). This cuts capacity down to 535MB on a 650MB disk BUT you can use MJ's File>Export Playlist to send the *.M3U to your RW drive. I usually don't set up sub directories on the RW's. As long as all the files reside in the same directory (which in my case is always the root) as the playlist then the playlist will work fine. I can see that putting subdirs on the RW disk may cause playlist problems (if the playlist calls up different files in different dir's). But do you really need subdir's if you can pack 20 playlists on a disk? On top of that is with the RW's you can erase & change the disk contents at any time.

Xenno

burning man

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 09:04:12 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. I should mention, I've also tried using File>Export Playlist, and selecting the output drive (D:), but I still get an error message when I do this.

The one I'm working on now is very simple, it has all the tracks in the same folder, no sub-folders/sub-directories.

Any ideas?

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 05:39:15 am »

BM:

What is the error message? You do have DirectCD installed, right?

Xenno

burning man

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 05:07:44 pm »

The error message was something basic like Error: Cannot move the file.

I don't have DirectCD, but it seems to me it shouldn't be necessary. (And I see from their website it costs $90, so I really hope it's not necessary.)

JohnT offered to give some details. I would be interested to hear them.

burning man

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 08:17:37 pm »

I'm still cannot get MJ to burn multiple playlists to a CD, and I don't believe this question has been answered. So I'm still hoping for some advice. Can anyone help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up