INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT, photos on Win XP  (Read 774 times)

DeathRider

• World Citizen
OT, photos on Win XP
« on: June 25, 2002, 05:25:42 pm »

I have this nice simple photo editing program called MGI studio. In Win XP how do I get windows to make this my default viewer/editor. I would like any action of viewing, opening or downloading images from my camera to use this program by default. anyone have an idea on how to go about this.

Thanks
Robert Long

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:OT, photos on Win XP
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 05:27:08 pm »

Can't you go thru file types and set the path to the MGI exe file?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 05:53:35 pm »

I was wondering if anyone had an easier way, I use so many differnt file type that it would take a while. I was thinking along the lines of what RealPlayer does. but I will check on your idea also.
Robert Long

shelly

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 06:03:22 pm »

DeathRider,

I have MGI PhotoSuite and in The View menu -----> Options -----> File Types, you can select all of the graphic files you want assiciated with MGI.  Perhaps MGI Studio has that same option.  Just a thought.

Shelly

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 07:10:35 pm »

Shelly, I went in there earlier and all was checked, but here is the clincher. I recently got tired of Windows Internet Browser since it was acting up with the latest security updates so I decided to give Netscape a retry, found a preview  of netscape on cnet, it was Netscape 7.0 preview 1 and I love it and it rocks. only glich is that it took over a lot of things I didnt want it to, Such as windows picture viewer that I liked and when I double clicked a photo today it opened in the netscape window. I went the way that KingSparta mentioned and got the file types to associate with the programs I wanted them to, Only draw back is that I had to go back thru it a few times. I got myself the canon Proshot 90IS a few months back and I have been playing a lot with photos as well as my musice files and have more programs on my syst now that handle photo editing than I ever had in the way of 3D games and I had file type associated with particular programs for certain things. All is well now, I spent 2 years learning the in's and out's of Win 98 SE and now have to relearn Win XP PRO. Who knows, now that I went to netscape for their browser maybe I will go to some other operating syst soon, I have had it with Micro$oft and have even been thinking of the new I Macs. Thanks yall, I appreciate the help.
Robert Long
Pages: [1]   Go Up