INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faking DLNA Renderer  (Read 1627 times)

dtabuenc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Faking DLNA Renderer
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:00:34 am »

Some of the new features such as web remote and being able to treat DLNA Renderers as zones are great. The problem is I usually use my PS3 as a DLNA client and as far as I know cannot be controlled remotely. It would be great if media center could present a "virtual" file to the ps3 which would simply transcode (into a wav stream for example) whatever is playing now.  It would be even better if I could setup a "virtual" zone in media center. Then on the ps3 or any other DLNA client, when I go to pick a song this "virtual zone" would show up as a sound file in the PS3/DLNA Client menu. Media Center would then just start transcoding whatever is playing to that zone at that moment (silence if there is nothing playing).

Once the ps3 starts playing this virtual file, you could use a web remote or a mobile phone to control what plays. I'm sure the PS3 wouldn't be the only DLNA device that would benefit from something like this. I'd like to hear your thoughts on a feature like this and how difficult it would be to implement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up