INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to add ALL Media- CD,DVD,BD database to the tree  (Read 1807 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
How to add ALL Media- CD,DVD,BD database to the tree
« on: June 06, 2010, 12:56:10 am »

MC 15.49 currently in use.
On my HTPC, I will be using mega changers of various types , I will love to have these hardware appear under the three, with ability to view. In MC 11 or earlier, it was possible, but it looks like the features are no more there with the current version.
 I tried to follow Alex B tutorial and direction, but got lost while trying to adapt it to MC 15.

I will appreciate if these features can be brought back.
Thanks.

George.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to add ALL Media- CD,DVD,BD database to the tree
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:13:20 am »

MC 15 has made this a little bit easier for us with the new 'Add Library View' tool.

It no longer matters what you have selected in the tree beforehand.

Adding A View To The Tree Root
1. In the top toolbar, click on View, hover over 'Add view' then click on 'Add library view', which will open a 'view picker' dialogue.

2. In the view picker, find and select (single left click) the "Blank View".
3. At the bottom of this tool, there are two fields, Name, and Location. Enter the name as you wish it to appear in the tree, and set the location to (Root), which you will find at the top of the drop down list.

4. When you click on OK, the view will be added to the tree, and you will be presented with the following dialogue which will allow you to configure your new view:

Configuring The New View

How you configure this new view depends largely upon how you envisage using it. Let's assume that you called your new view "All Media" and that you plan to add child views to underneath it.

1. Click on "Set rules for file display..."
2. Click on the Import/Export button
3. Paste the brown text in and press OK, and press OK again. -[Stack Tag]=[HH Conversion] ~d=a
This rule will bring in all files, including those on CD or DVD, and exclude any files you may have in a handheld conversion cache. If you find it returning any other undesirable files, you will need to return here and add an exclusion rule for them.
4. Make sure that "Allow tree selection" is NOT checked.
5. Press OK.

That's your root view added. Now go back to the "View > Add library view" option and add child views to your All Media view, configuring them as you see fit. I cannot really predict what you would want in each view, nor how you would want to filter them, but perhaps some tips might help.

When adding a view, choose your thumbnail first, then fill in the name and location details. If you fill the name first, selecting a thumbnail will replace your typed name with the thumbnail name.
In this scenario, it's probably better to choose the "Blank" option and set up yourself from scratch for each child view. Just remember, "Select, then Name, then Location"

If you would like a "Disk Location" type of view, you get that by adding a "File Path" category, and leaving the "Path" blank.
The parent view presents all files from all databases. If you want separate child views for local files and files on optical disks, add database modifiers to the "Set rules for file display..." rules.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with customising views, but if there's anything you're unsure about, you may find 'one I made earlier' helpful.

Regards,
Marko.

Ekpen

Re: How to add ALL Media- CD,DVD,BD database to the tree
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:13:47 am »

Thanks. I was already on the right path, but was getting too detail. For fear I would mess or screw up, I thought I would wait for someone to guard me.

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up