INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I copy songs in a playlist to my laptop?  (Read 1001 times)

simonmason

• World Citizen
How do I copy songs in a playlist to my laptop?
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:25:17 pm »

Here is my scenario - I have JRiver supporting my whole house audio and installed on one other PC.  I have all copies pointing to my media server and the playlists are synchronized between each copy.  I want to set up my laptop so it synchronizes with the server but only copies the songs from certain playlists onto the local drive so that when I disconnect from the network I have these playlists and songs, but not the entire library (which won't fit).  Any thoughts on how I would go about this?  Thanks.

simonmason

• World Citizen
Re: How do I copy songs in a playlist to my laptop?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:57:04 pm »

bump

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I copy songs in a playlist to my laptop?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:25:18 pm »

An empty folder on the laptop's hard drive needs to be shared on the network and mapped as a drive on the main computer.
On main computer's copy of MC, that drive letter representing the laptop's shared folder needs to be added as a portable device (Tools>Options>Handheld>Add Device. Specify path.)
Modify properties of that portable device and check the boxes for the playlists that you want sync'd to it and initiate the sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up