INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long tag data  (Read 1454 times)

leoric

• World Citizen
Long tag data
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:06:52 am »

When some tag contains long data (e.g. Comments or Lyrics), it's very inconvenient to read/edit it. It will be very useful if such fields contains mini-button that allows displaying window with multi-line textbox and tag data in it.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Long tag data
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:17:15 pm »

This sounds very much like the Tag "Action Window" (Alt+Enter). ;)

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:35:53 pm »

This sounds very much like the Tag "Action Window" (Alt+Enter). ;)
Actually I told about Tag Action Window usage. It displays only small single line textbox but for some tags this is unacceptable.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:00:29 pm »

Actually I told about Tag Action Window usage. It displays only small single line textbox but for some tags this is unacceptable.
click on one...

Is that better?

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 02:21:17 pm »

Unlike the comment field, when you click on lyric, note & description field in the action\tag window it will open a new window where you can edit large amounts of text.

When some tag contains long data (e.g. Comments or Lyrics), it's very inconvenient to read/edit it.

You might want to use the note field instead of the comments field. Or create a custom tag and make the Edit Type to Large Value.

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 02:22:45 pm »

click on one...

Is that better?
hm... what should I see?

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 02:31:15 pm »

Unlike the comment field, when you click on lyric, note & description field in the action\tag window it will open a new window where you can edit large amounts of text.

You might want to use the note field instead of the comments field. Or create a custom tag and make the Edit Type to Large Value.
Thanks for advice, editor for Large Values is exactly what I missed. Seems like this may solve my current problem. But Comments field matches standard ID3 tag and it may accept large values. I'm not sure about Notes/Description but anyway Comment is much more compatible one. So I'm still wondering why not display the same editor for it too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up