INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo for phones  (Read 28755 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo for phones
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:55 pm »

Another request regarding improving Gizmo: is it possible to make it aware of headphone insertion and removal? For example, Pandora pauses the playback when headphone is removed. It would be awesome if Gizmo also worked that way. Removing headphone should pause the playback and inserting it back should resume the playback. I am using the headphone connection to connect to my car stereo - and this will really be awesome as I can just "plug and play" as I get in and out of my car during the day.

Thanks,
Osho

any plans for this?

thanks
Osho

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2010, 06:32:52 pm »

any plans for this?

thanks
Osho
Headphone insertion is on Matt's list.

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:09 pm »

Just installed on a replacement Droid, and now asks for user name and password after the access key.  I never set up a user name or password, and cannot get in.  I even tried setting one up on MC 15, and then entering it on my phone. The phone says "connecting" and then just sits on the user name password screen.  What happened? :'(
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:57 am »

Did some more playing with this today...

• I find it a little frustrating that in portrait orientation, I cannot access the "Play" option. It's off the right of the screen, and it won't scroll to get me there.
  • Something's not quite right with picture viewing. I pick an album to play, and the first picture shows up on the screen. The next picture never arrives. Instinctively, I drag a finger from right to left to try and bring up the next image, but nothing happens. Then I find that if I scroll up, there are player controls off screen below the image... ahaa... BUT....
  • Pressing the "Play" button to start an apparently stopped image slideshow brings up a "Paused" message on the screen. So, it wasn't stopped at all... I press "Play" again, and again, the slideshow does not start. The "Next" button works though...
  • Scrolling up to get at the "Next" button, then down to see the picture, then up to get at the "Next" button again, then down to see the picture etc. etc. is not nice. When viewing pictures, can it be made so that dragging a finger from right to left or left to right brings up the next or previous image? How neat would that be?

Q. Does the server do image conversion prior to sending the requested files? Matt gave a good answer to a similar question regarding audio, where he explained guestimated data transfer figures. The jpg files produced from my camera can be in the order of 8 to 10 Mb in size, so obviously, I would not want to be pulling those kind of file sizes over a 3G network connection.

All of this stuff is just so clever. Who needs a massive, fully loaded SD card, when you can just dial in and pick what you want directly over the air. Amazing!

-marko.

SteveR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2010, 02:33:10 pm »

Just installed Gizmo on android 2.2 (Desire) and it's asking for a user / password. I have not set one up, tried my interactive combination and it just returns the same screen. What is it looking for / where  / how can I set one up?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2010, 03:06:10 pm »

Make sure you have the latest build of MC from the top of this board.  Also update Gizmo.

Leave them blank if you don't use them.

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 04:22:27 pm »

Unfortunately, i cant make Gozmo work. I previously used it but uninstalled it. now that i re-installed it doesnt connect. I followed instructions on http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Gizmo to no avial. mo tells me taht there has been a problem connecting tothe servier and ask to check that i entered the correct key and that the server and my connection are working. Can anyone help me?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 05:50:57 pm »

I answered your other post on the same subject.  You just need to update MC from the MC15 board.

dildaly

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 10:31:43 am »

For various reasons I don't want to update my version of media centre from 15.0.80 - Is there a link to an older version of gizmo which will work with this version of media centre?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 10:47:56 am »

No.  Why is build 80 required?

MrHaugen

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 07:54:09 am »

He just wants a Gizmo version without having to update the MC client. Gizmo version seems to be very dependant of MC version numbers, so if you want to have new functions on one, you'll probably have to update the other.

Why you would need to keep the old build, or not bother to update it is a question though. You download the new build, click the file, hit next, next, next and it's updated and working with the latest Gizmo app.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

dildaly

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 12:38:09 pm »

The reason is because certain track info features which I want are not incorporated in builds after this one - see this thread for details http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60423.0

So, the question remains - i don't want to update, so where can I get an older, compatible version of gizmo please.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up