INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 prevents laptop from going to suspend when playing an audio file  (Read 835 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

I have noticed that MC15 will not allow the laptop from going to suspend when playing an audio file. If I stop the playback of the audio file, the laptop will suspend just fine. Otherwise, laptop will not sleep.

It doesn't matter if the file is on a local hard-drive with a local library or on a remote library server.

Any ideas how can I fix this? I recall that at least some early version of MC14 used to work flawlessly while file is playing through between suspend and resume. But, some of the later MC14 versions also had this problem. I upgraded to MC15 recently and I still have this problem.

Thanks,
Osho

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen

Unless I misunderstand you, I thought this was a feature, not a problem. I like the way MC behaves in this regard anyway. -JB

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

The feature should be that the laptop/PC will not go to *AUTO* sleep. Now, even if I manually put the laptop in sleep mode (either by click on Windows Start logo -> ShutDown -> Sleep or by closing the lid ) it will not go to sleep.

By the way, I was able to solve this problem by doing:

powercfg -requestsoverride PROCESS "Media Center 15.exe" Display System Awaymode

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up