INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Editor and fading... has anybody got this to work in the demo?  (Read 714 times)

sschadt

Hi,
I have MJ 8 and am evaluating the Media Editor's cross fading features.  I have a .wav that I'm editing, and want to fade out, and back in the sounds in the middle of the file (it's a live track, crowd noise, etc).

Problem is, it doesn't seem to be working.  I selected my 10 second snip to fade, selected the Transform menu, then Fade, and faded it out.  I did the same to the subsequent 10 second interval, except faded in.  Saved file and exited the Editor.  Opened the file again in MJ and played.  No fade in/out at my spot!  Next, I used Editor to do the same and used "Save As" this time.  Still no joy in M.J.  Yes, I did try to "Refresh" and that didn't seem to do it either.  

Is it possible the 30-day trial version doesn't allow for cross fading saves??

Thanks in advance folks,
Stephen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Media Editor and fading... has anybody got this to work in the demo?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 06:20:57 am »

I can't reproduce this.

Are you for sure opening the file that you just saved?  Also, does it play correctly before you save?

Thanks.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sschadt

RE:Media Editor and fading... has anybody got this to work in the demo?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 09:00:20 pm »

Playback in M.E. appears to be flakey.  I could only get it to play back in M.E. once with my applied fades.  All other times when I start the music a few seconds before my fades were applied, no change is heard in the music.  I chose a custom fade, if that makes a difference (0-65%, then -65%-0).  Also, whenever I preview my applied fade to my selection, it doesn't play the fade at all.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if it's just a hard-to-reproduce bug or just memory related (I have 256MB RAM on a 1.4GB Intel processor running WinXP professional).
Pages: [1]   Go Up