INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal Video Database &pvdimport  (Read 1449 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
Personal Video Database &pvdimport
« on: June 06, 2010, 12:47:20 am »

Greetings:
I am new to using this forum, so still finding my ways.
I got the PVD installed a few days ago. At one time, I was able to get the cover art for Braveheart Sapphire series in to the database. At times, it will give me error code 24 or 3
Testing with 2 Blu-ray disc, braveheart and Dark Knight, I am having hard times. It looks like the PVD does not have Gracenote site as one of the area info can be acquired.
Another issues I have is the "Server" path. I did see a "Movies.pvd" created.

After reinstalling pvd import: I finally got it to appear in the tree.
Now to get the import to work, I am stuck
The error I get is this "ModDate" field must be added to a  field in a file..
At this point, I do not know what file or area to add the moddate field, if it is in the pvdimport field or MC 15, if MC 15, what menu do I need to edit to get this field in to place.

I also wish the program updates it to let us add info to the database via BarCode, UPC, and ability to add more sites to get movie info.
I think Dark Knight and Braveheart Blu-rays should not be difficult to find on line.
Thanks everyone that are helping out.
George

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Personal Video Database &pvdimport
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:35:59 pm »

If you have questions or feature requests for PVD, please post them in the PVD forum.

Please understand PVD is a movie database, not a movie media database. In other words, the primary interest of the developer and most of it's users is in the movies, not the (soon to be obsolete) shiny disks they're recorded on. You can record information about the media if you like, but it's not a priority in the design of the program. Accordingly, there are no plugins for downloading DVD-specific information.

The error I get is this "ModDate" field must be added to a  field in a file.

ModDate stores the date/time the PVD record was last updated. This is used to determine which records have changed and require update. Add a new string field using Manage Library Fields (in Tools - Options). You can name it whatever you like, as long as the same name is entered in the PvdImport configuration (where the default is "ModDate").
Pages: [1]   Go Up