INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Minimalist Skin - Help?  (Read 2054 times)

kessbroker

• Recent member
Looking for Minimalist Skin - Help?
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:42:47 am »

I watch Bloomberg TV on my computer during the day.  I currently use Windows Medial Player with the "tinyplayer skin", but would like to switch to MC15.  Unfortunately I can't find a skin that has a viewing window with nothing around the border.

The "detach display" is close to what I am looking for, but I don't want the bar at the top with the maximize/minimize/close buttons. 

"Lower Right" and "Lower Left" are also close, but I would like to have the ability to re-size the window.

1.  Are there any skins that accomplish what I am looking for?
2.  Is there an easy way for me to alter the "lower right" or "lower left" skins to be able to change the size of the window? 

Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

-Kess

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Looking for Minimalist Skin - Help?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:32:09 am »

I don't really understand all of you're request so maybe u can make a screenshot of what u want with somme arrow and info in paint?

kessbroker

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:49:59 pm »

Thanks for your reply, kurushi.  Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not 100% sure how to post a screen shot here.  Hopefully these links will work instead:

Here is what MC15 looks like when I watch a video.  Note the windows control on the top:  http://grahamanddoddsville.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/MC.png

Here is Windows Media Player with the Tiny Skin (there are a bunch of skins like this one).  Note how much less space the window takes up while allowing for the same viewing size:
http://grahamanddoddsville.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/MSMCTinySkin.png

Side by side they look like this: http://grahamanddoddsville.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SideBySide.png

So basically I am looking for either a skin that only shows the video display, or for a way to hide the windows bar...  Let me know if I am still not clear....

Thanks!!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:49:45 am »

I see you're using the 2nd Stage skin by Mr Chriz there, right?

Is this the kind of thing you're after from the detatched display?

In comparison with your 'side by side' image...

If you would like to try that out, go to your MC skins directory and make a copy of the 2nd Stage folder, naming this new folder "2nd Stage (No Frame)"
Then download the attached zip file and extract its contents to your new 'No Frame' folder, replacing the existing files.
Finally, select the no frame skin using the skin chooser in MC.

Note that this will also change the appearance of other windows such MC's Options, DSP studio, the search wizard, etc, etc. They appear OK for me, but you will need to decide for yourself.

Mr ChriZ, you OK with this?

Regards,
-marko

kessbroker

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:11:55 am »

Marko,

That is perfect!  Much Thanks!!

Best,
David

kurushi

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

Well it seems all is ok Marko is a great support here:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up