INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image scanning problems  (Read 997 times)

shelly

Image scanning problems
« on: June 24, 2002, 06:46:05 pm »

Jim suggested that I start a new thread on this issue.

I'm having a problem with the MJ image scanning function within file properties.  

I'm able to preview an image and there are no errors when scanning. When the scan is complete, the image location displays "linked to external file [appropriate path and filename]". However, the newly scanned image does not display and cannot be found on my drive.  

The scanner looks and sounds like it is scanning an image and there are no error messages.  I'm able to scan the image using Windows XP Scanner Wizard, save the image to a file, and link that image to my file.  

Jim said that they weren't able to duplicate this problem.  Any thoughts?

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.305
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1694 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2813.3000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2813.3000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

HP PSC 950 All In One

Shelly

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:Image scanning problems
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 05:40:51 am »

Shelly,

Please check if you have a file in the folder with the same name, if it exists please remove it and try again.
We are trying to reproduce it, but so far no luck.

Nikolay

shelly

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 05:51:54 pm »

Nicolay,

I deleted the file that was scanned through the Windows scanner wizard, then rescanned the cover art from within MJ.  The scan finished and I received the following error:

Closed the message box and again, no image was displayed:

I looked at this for a moment and then a light went off.  I removed the colon in the filename "Salena Jones - Salena Jones: Jobim with the Jobim's", then successfully rescanned:

This is the first time I've had a problem in MJ with a colon in a filename, but am happy to have it resolved Next Page  Thanks for helping me step through this.  

Shelly

Listening to: 'One Note Samba' from 'Jobim With The Jobim's' by 'Salena Jones' on Media Jukebox

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 06:11:24 pm »

Shelly,

Thanks for letting us know.

This is the first time I've had a problem in MJ with a colon in a filename, but am happy to have it resolved
The problem is that Windows does not accept semicolon as one of the valid characters in a file name.

Nikolay

shelly

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 06:30:30 pm »

Nicolay,

What I meant about not having a problem within MJ with colons, is that MJ always displays the colon, but converts it to an underscore in the filename.   It didn't occur to me that in this particular case the colon wouldn't be recognized.  I think, perhaps, I should change all of the colons in my library to underscores (when I run out of other things to do, that is.)  

Shelly

Listening to: 'My Foolish Heart' from 'The Complete Bill Evans on Verve (Disc 09)' by 'Bill Evans' on Media Jukebox

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2002, 05:49:19 am »

Thanks, Shelly for pinpointing this.  We'll fix it today.  No need to change your files.  You can go swimming.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

shelly

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2002, 07:27:23 am »

Thanks, Jim!  Headed for the boat....

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up