INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC with Casatunes XLi card?  (Read 1855 times)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
MC with Casatunes XLi card?
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:45:23 pm »

Hey all,

Anyone used a Casatunes XLi 12-channel PCI card with MC?  I'm setting up a multi-room system, and like the Casatunes hardware, but would prefer to keep using MC rather than the Casatunes software.  It looks like the card should work with any audio app, but you never know if they have some proprietary hook in there that prevents it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC with Casatunes XLi card?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 01:42:54 pm »

Just for archival purposes, the answer I got from CasaTunes, is that this won't work.  Apparently, there is something in their software that is unique to controlling the XLi card.  Guess I'll go back to considering multiple standard sound cards in my system to do a multi-room set up in MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC with Casatunes XLi card?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 01:53:14 pm »

Thanks for the follow-up.

There used to be several multi-channel cards that exposed each set of channels as a unique line, but I haven't seen this as much lately.

With Media Center, you can route ASIO or DirectSound to any channels you like.  Any output allows you to route to any soundcard.  It's up to the driver to support multiple concurrent connections (and most ASIO drivers do not like this).

At the very least, most soundcards can service SPDIF and analog output (at least at the same clock frequency) at the same time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up